Rumors at Work!!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by bluebone, Jun 12, 2014.

1. bluebone

bluebone Duke of Sarcasm Member

well the rumormill is really heating up lately. if the latest rumors come true i may be dusting off my CDL. 'Apparently' according to the gossip this place is going to shut down July 2nd and everyone who will still have a job will get a call-back letter and those who dont get a letter, well (ajole pause)..adios amigos. Just like they did 9 years ago when Boeing liquidated the place. Our majority shareholder no longer has a majority and the previous CEO and his 2 top officers have started their own company nearby and are possibly negotiating to buy a portion of the work coming out of here. Things could get sticky.

2. HiPointArmorer

HiPointArmorer Member

WA
    BJ Services been threatening to fire my dad now for ten years now, he still works for them...he says he would be glad if they fired him so he could get social security.

3. talon

talon the banned wagon

that sucks, the ''good'' news is you at least have rumors, which will give people time to look, just in case. when American Metals closed its doors on us (breaking a contract and leaving employees owed 3-7weeks of vacation and pay) we were called up the break room one afternoon and told ''you have 15 minutes to clear your lockers and vacate the premsies, we are officially locking the doors. you're all fired'' in the middle of a 12 hours a day/7 day a week work schedule, with a stack of orders higher than it ever had been in years at the company.

hope it all works out.

4. It's Bush's fault.

Really though, I hope it all works out, but I wouldn't wait to start looking. Preferably for a government job with a retirement at the end. It's pretty hard to lose a government job.

5. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Good luck Blue, let is know how things pan out for you.

6. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

That's sucks Blue...... I hope things work out for you bud.

7. bluebone

yeah it could be one of those where one company buys out another company and nothing really changes or all sorts of things could happen. but whatever goes down i'll go ahead and stick it out just to see where i truly stand. very early in my working years when i was a cable TV technician i was permently laid off and was unable to find work for almost a year until i got hired on at a factory. it was a very scary time and i lost pretty much all of what little i had. i spent the next 14 years at that plant and they went thru 2 or 3 sales before the last one wound up being to a company in South America. i knew the end was coming and after having learned my lesson from my earlier job i got right on finding a new job and relocated to KS but i had to start from the ground up again. And sure enough, 2 years after i left the place shut their doors for good. Escept those that stayed until the end were guarenteed 2 years unemployment benefits AND had their college reeducation paid for by the state. It made me wish i would have stayed. Just goes to show that lessons learned in one decade come back to bite you in the butt in the next.

8. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

Everything happens for a season & for a reason!
    I will P--y 4 U!!!

9. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

Seriously, that sucks but sometimes sticking it out pays. One of the companies I worked for closed but a portion of the business was bought out by a competitor and they took 3 employees with them. I was one of them. Everyone else was let go with a severence. Looking back, im not sure who got the better deal. Good luck. Things do happen for a reason, I do believe that.

10. Blue

Blue Member

IL
    Hopefully you didn't just buy anything large/expensive, might as well tighten the belt now for the lean times coming.
    Best of Luck to you !

11. HiPointArmorer

HiPointArmorer Member

WA
    What he means is if you want to buy that new 1911 or Glock you'd better do it now, while you still got a paycheck coming in.;)

12. bluebone

actually i'm deep into the process of getting a badly needed garage built. i'm held for permit issues at the moment but after going the last seventeen years without one i'll be damned if i'm going to keep putting it on hold waiting for the next 'good' opportunity that will likely never come.