russian sks or yugo sks help me please

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by hp4lyfe, Jun 11, 2008.

russian sks or yugo sks

This poll will close on Feb 7, 2106 at 1:28 AM.
  1. yugo sks

100.0%
  2. russian sks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. hp4lyfe

hp4lyfe Member

ok so i visited two pawn shops today and foud at one a russian sks with a dark wood finish. it had a fix mag and bayonet price was 250.00.
    so i went down the street and found a yugo sks with a lighter wood finish and also a bayonet wih a 30rnd mag also 250.00 i would like to pick one of these up but cant decide on wich one any help would be appreceated

2. base871

base871 Guest

you can get an arsenal refinished yugo for 250. 200 for one in very good condition. as for the russian, that seems ok but i want a russian real bad! i voted russian since i dont see them as much, and yugo's are pretty common.

3. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

Russian, this goes for Makarovs, Dragonovs, Ak47s, and you guesses it: SKSs... Romanian is also a good SKS/AK47 make.

4. elguapo

elguapo Guest

Ne pas Russki!?

Russian, out of those two.

5. Why settle for a copy when you can get the real deal... Russian all the way!

The Russian SKS's are far and few between when compared to a Yugo SKS and I am suprised at the $250 price tag on both. Russian's generally bring a higher resale, especially at a shop, and Yugo's generally sell for less.

6. Krippp

Krippp Well-Known Member

last rusky sks i saw was in rough shape and still commanded a price above 400. yugo's in great to excellant shape can be had all day from anywhere between 160 and 250. still kicking myself for not buying that russian by the way. but i still love my yugo's

7. All else being equal--buy the Russian; for the chrome bore if nothing else. Since these are not 'equal' it's your call. Either way, you'll probably get a dependable rifle.

8. Krippp

Krippp Well-Known Member

i have 1 yugos with chrome barrels, turns out that they are out there, just have to know what your looking at.. but i agree, don't chance it, get the russian

9. hp4lyfe

hp4lyfe Member

thanks every one i my self was leaning torwards the russian but i think im going to go back and try and get a pic of the russian so you guys can see, since i have really no experince with these rifles.

10. HPHooked

HPHooked Member

IF you get the chance to by a Russian SKS, GET IT!!!! You won't regret it.

11. Why is this even a poll?

A real all matching russian for 250? Buy it and don't even blink an eye. And you bettter buy it soon or someone else is gonna snag it.

The yugo is worth even less with the crappy 30 round mags. I hate buying SkSs that have aftermarket parts on them unless its super cheap and I want a project gun.

To me the factory box mag makes the gun worth more.

You shouldn't even be leaning, you should be paying your 250 for the Russian and not even thinking about the yugo.

12. Thayldt21

Thayldt21 Senior Member Member

if you can get it, then get it.

they are rarer and worth more and will only becomemore valueable.

call it an investment.

13. Corelogik

Corelogik Member

I have a Yugo and love it. It has been very reliable and outstanding in the accuracy I ask of it. However, I would give my left arm and the $250 in a heartbeat for he chance at the matching Russian. No thought required.

Last Russian I saw was a nicely refinished all matching example that carried a price tag of $650,.. only reason I didn't get it is, didn't have the cash.

14. I just really hope that the Russian didn't disappear. Man, he should have bought it the second he saw it.

15. hp4lyfe

hp4lyfe Member

im gonna go and put it on layaway untill payday, but before i do how do i make sure im getting what they say it is i seen a star on the stock and how do i tell if its matching numbers

16. HPHooked

HPHooked Member

This is a no brainer for most of us. But it's nice to be able to get confirmation from friends when in doubt. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

17. I love gunstore layaways. Its like crack for us gun people.

18. :shock: Russian of course.

19. Ari

Ari Guest

Russian for less then $450 is a score :D What a great part of history.