rusty drums at centrfire-19.95

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by oarlock, May 9, 2014.

1. I got one of them a few weeks ago. I wanted to see how rusty they were before buying a few. It wasn't very rusty at all & useable.

2. nadodave

nadodave the Great Member

Pure torture for me, in CA!

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum

3. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Donor a MoM magazine, weld it on ;)

How many snap caps does one need to make it work?

4. Well, since the drum follower ends where the HP mag begins, I would say somewhere around 10-11 dummy rounds would be needed. Since all they are doing is taking up space, I'd save some money and use a nylon or delrin rod of the proper diameter to make a chain of dummies instead of investing in snap caps.

5. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Sounds Like A Plan!!!

I saw some older threads with (presumably) more info too... ;)

6. Blanco

Blanco My dog gives me the bird Member

If you know someone who reloads, just have them make up some rounds without powder. Just paint them red or something like that.

7. panoz77

panoz77 Member

8. I don't know whether this quest is hopeless or not, but I bought a couple of Suomis for this venture a year or more ago. The idea was this:

http://theredneckengineer.blogspot.com/search?q=995

So far, the goal has been elusive, AND PLEASE DON'T BURY HIS BLOG UNDER INQUIRIES.

This is a back-burner project after many setbacks. Building such a mod IS NOT EASY, despite what it may seem.

My suggestions:

* Don't bother the guy for status updates, as he's taking his time and he seems to be the expert in this particular venture.

* Maybe drop him a short note expressing your interest in the project so that he knows that there's a market.

* Then be patient.

9. Kronos

Kronos Oppulent Disparity Member

Ive been following rednecks project for a while now. I dont have high hopes.

If anyone wants to try a drum project, find an taylor bingham 1911 drum. I've seen kits from surplus parts on gunbroker for around $120. Not as cheap as suomis, but a lot more promising imo.

10. You need 12, theres an angle you have to incorperate so the drum follower doesnt get snagged at the weld.

Attached Files:

11. Kronos

I still say a taylor bingham 1911 drum is a better option.

12. Wow look at all those hi cap mac-n-cheese boxes.
    Don't show that picture to bloomberg he might have a heart attack

13. Kronos

Lmao...didnt even see those. Even if one can get a suomi drum to work, having it off center like that just seems like it would be awkwardly balanced in the hand.

14. It is kind of ackward lol