Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw this, CSX. It's an alloy frame micro9 from Smiff, NutnFancy had a new video out but this new gun uses basically a magazine like the YC9 stillborn. Let me grab a link...

Nutn said it's like a Shield+ mated with a Sig P938 and this was their offspring ;)
Glasses Eyewear Helmet Automotive mirror Headgear
Trigger Air gun Mammal Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Perhaps HP could get Smiff to supply magazines

Same 10rd Flush and 12rd extended offerings...
Glasses Eyewear Helmet Automotive mirror Headgear

·
Premium Member
36,347 Posts
A bladed but SAO trigger, on a hammer fired mini, with a safety.

I guess there will be a niche for that, no matter how hard they copy the Makarov mag.

Reactions: OldOutlaw

·
Super Moderator
9,230 Posts
Wonder if S&W is the actual manufacturer of those mags.
Looking at the video, I don't think the single stack portion of the magazine is tall enough to get 'er done for the YC9. But it might be, one can hope.
Hand Photograph Gesture Finger Bumper

Reactions: undeRGRound

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wonder if S&W is the actual manufacturer of those mags.
Looking at the video, I don't think the single stack portion of the magazine is tall enough to get 'er done for the YC9. But it might be, one can hope. View attachment 74780
Prolly not tall enough, but you are showing front vs. Back profiles which may make a small difference.
That's the only mag pic I could see for the Smiff. Pix of the HP are also scarce...

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A bladed but SAO trigger, on a hammer fired mini, with a safety.

I guess there will be a niche for that, no matter how hard they copy the Makarov mag.
1.1" widest point, of course there is a niche. The term Mini-1911 was thrown around a lot. I love it already, except the 7# sao trigger pull. 12+1 is in the game for micro 9...

·
Super Moderator
9,230 Posts
Prolly not tall enough, but you are showing front vs. Back profiles which may make a small difference.
That's the only mag pic I could see for the Smiff. Pix of the HP are also scarce...
Yeah, I know. Mebbe something will come out of the SHOT show.

·
Administrator
28,872 Posts
Just saw this, CSX. It's an alloy frame micro9 from Smiff,
I'm very surprised that I don't see an optics cut/plate on it.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm very surprised that I don't see an optics cut/plate on it.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
So is everyone else

I'd think "pocket carry" B.U.G. but the heavy trigger is my remaining concern

·
Premium Member
2,944 Posts
Saw the video on an O-scale model train forum. The OP was hinting at CSX railroad possibly suing because of the 3 letters used :rolleyes:

What followed were a number of posts saying what pistols everybody owned...then the holier than thou "owners" promptly deleted the topic!!!

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,364 Posts
So is everyone else

I'd think "pocket carry" B.U.G. but the heavy trigger is my remaining concern
It was probably in design before it became a new wanted feature. And the designers didn't want to change midway through. If its successful the next version might have it. I'm not interested in it at all so I really don't care. If I was it wouldn't be a major issue. Its a point and shoot gun anyway.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It was probably in design before it became a new wanted feature. And the designers didn't want to change midway through. If its successful the next version might have it. I'm not interested in it at all so I really don't care. If I was it wouldn't be a major issue. Its a point and shoot gun anyway.
True, and it's bound to lighten up with a fluff-n-buff and some break in time. Even more fitting for a pocket gun slash BUG. As a backup, it's maybe a belly gun. G-Zim scenario

·
Premium Member
36,347 Posts
I honestly don’t see the attraction.
The Shield Plus does everything that gun wants to do, does it with an EXCELLENT trigger.

The BEST thing about the 1911 was their trigger...and this one is 9 lbs? WTF?

Honestly....there’s NOTHING different there, except it has an external hammer and a beaver tail. It’s not thinner, lighter, smaller, higher capacity...there’s no reason to buy it, other than it’s got a hammer to play with.
Ummm....my CZ has that too. Plus a decocker and a DA/SA trigger. And I paid $350 for that one.

It looks like you’ll pay an extra hundred bucks for the gun over the Sig P365.....which is smaller in every dimension, comes with night sights, and with the $100 you could buy a third 12 round mag, and still have $50 for bullets. And it sounds like you’ll also have a better trigger, too.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You left out metal frame...

Big deal, to me. I'm not a poly collector.

But on the other hand, all valid points.

·
Premium Member
21,813 Posts
I thought the trigger was 10.5. Just watched that video last night. New model with S&W crappy customer service? Pass.

Maybe Canik will build a micro 9 soon?

·
Premium Member
36,347 Posts
You left out metal frame...

Big deal, to me. I'm not a poly collector.

But on the other hand, all valid points.
Left it out? Yep.
Because that’s a solid negative in the market niche the CSX is trying to, or going to, compete in.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Left it out? Yep.
Because that’s a solid negative in the market niche the CSX is trying to, or going to, compete in.
That was the foundation of the niche they are entering... NutNFancy basically thinks they are inventing/redefining it too, the DS metal frame subcompact market. I'm not sure he's right, but I can't think of any other modern examples. The nearest thing would be a Sig P938 which I also lust after :rotfl:

I foresee the .30 version of this as well...

CSX 30 SC? lol

It's clear we have different opinions on this, Al... but I'd love to see them check off all your boxes too, while keeping the metal frame. ;)

·
Administrator
28,872 Posts
That was the foundation of the niche they are entering... NutNFancy basically thinks they are inventing/redefining it too, the DS metal frame subcompact market. I'm not sure he's right, but I can't think of any other modern examples.

I foresee the .30 version of this as well...
There is definitely a market for "all metal" guns. When the Remington R51 was announced, there were a lot of people saying they would buy one because it was all metal. Then the Gen 1 hit and we all know how that turned out.

Regardless, there's an appetite for all-metal guns in a segment of the market. I don't know how big it is, but it's definitely there.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
There is definitely a market for "all metal" guns. When the Remington R51 was announced, there were a lot of people saying they would buy one because it was all metal. Then the Gen 1 hit and we all know how that turned out.

Regardless, there's an appetite for all-metal guns in a segment of the market. I don't know how big it is, but it's definitely there.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
Wow, I was all hot for that R51 like you were, (almost) and then paused... I know you got a lovely R1 out of the deal, but did Remi kill the R51 in the process? It was a sweet looking piece, but I'm a horrible beta tester, and I lost track, and interest, at about the same time. :(

In the interim, I picked up a Ruger P85 and an S&W 5906, the Smiff was a real grab, or so I thought, but I kind of like the Ruger manual of arms a bit better... Need to shoot them side by side, same ammo, same day test. Both guns are very similar and from about the same time frame. Both feel great in the hand, good weight, etc. Plus I do not mind the Era of Big Hands, I have some pretty big paws for a guy under 6' tall. Go Figure!

·
Premium Member
36,347 Posts
Wow
30 in a duty sized gun will not be a flush base...
But I like the way you think! It's like an FKBRUNO LITE!
No...it’s not. The 7.5 is a bottle neck round, this isn’t.
And it’s BRNO, ya doofus. Quit talking like a 4th grade idiot.

And I’m sure a group of people will buy it BECAUSE it’s different in that way, being metal, and think they are old school cool, and want to carry the thing IWB. At 19.2 oz, it’s not heavy. They could do it.

But once they pull off the grips and slide, and see how LITTLE the metal frame is...some might be disappointed. It’s not that much of the gun.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts