Sadly, my party's over for quite awhile

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Krippp, Apr 20, 2008.

1. Krippp

Krippp Well-Known Member

after many new and exciting firearms purchases over the last few months the time has come for it to stop. sadly, both of my vehicles suffered irreperable damage over the last few days which meant a trip to the dealerships for me. after buying 2 new vehicles in 1 day and going from NO car payments to 2 car payments instantly, the saiga 7.62x39 that i have on layaway will be the last purchases for quite awhile. i will still continue to monitor the forum and drool and yes, silently weep over my fellow members newest purchases. but alas gentlemen, buy all you can for I plan on coming back strong when this financial thing works itself out.

2. Sorry to hear about your new car purchases! (Could be worse I guess. Some peoples cars break and they can't afford new)

But anyhow I don't think it is required to be in the process of a gun purchase to post and hang out here. No need to go away.

3. Sorry to hear of your troubles :cry:

4. I know exactly how you feel.
    I just bought a "new to me" car after not having a payment for over a year.
    I was planning on buying a C9 Comp & some extra Mags. This will now have to wait until I get my money from Uncle Sam at the earliest.
    Guess I'll also have to wait on buying any accessories for my 995 too.

5. biganimal

biganimal Guest

been there
    done that
    got the t-shirt

it won't last forever
    think positive

at the very least you don't have to sell any guns!!!!

6. griff30

griff30 Member

At one point I had to sell mt Star M45 , a Bushmaster AR15 and my Weatherby 300 magnum at a hard point in time. Never got them back and wish I had done anything else than sell them. But thats life and I have gotten many firearms from folks in worse problems.

7. krippp: Commiserations! Even though your buying capacity may preclude some firearm purchases for a while, don't go away: the conversation is still good here.

8. There are a lot of things you can quit doing to keep your gun hobby going. Going to the movies, eating out, all sorts of things. Seriously.

9. Krippp

Krippp Well-Known Member

just to clear up a few little details, i'll still be active on the forum, I love the healthy bantor here. and the wife and I are still shooting every chance we have cause we've stocked up on ammo for something just like this

10. Don't worry, I went on a 3 year hiatus... it only hurts the first 6 months, then it becomes more of an ache.

11. We also did the 2 brand new cars thing at the same time on top of alot of other hefty purchases.

I feel your pain.

12. We've all been there at times, dude. But stay on the forum. We're here for you whether it's new gun talk or not.

13. shoot, my monthly gun budget is spent on ammo, so I know where your coming from. I recently got laid off at work ("involuntary workforce reduction") so even that meager gun budget is now drastically reduced. I am hoping to pick up a union job this time around, which will pay more, and hopefully allow me to set my sights on some of those non- Saturday night special guns that I've been eyeballing

14. AndrewST

AndrewST Guest

How interesting Kripp. I found myself in the same boat just about 4 days ago, damn squirrels!

Yes...I said squirrels!! They managed to crawl up into the hood of my car eat a big hole in the firewall insulation, they than proceeded to destroy all the wiring by chewing through it. Apparently they are attracted to the petroleum compound in the jacketing.

Anyways, so today I was car shopping with the wife. However instead of purchasing a new vehicle we went with a used one that was in nice shape and pretty low cost.

Alas! My Winchester Speed Pump in Walnut Field will have to wait!

15. Krippp

Krippp Well-Known Member

i know the pain except mine was a deer embedded in the radiator and i just couldn't see spending anymore money on a 19 yr. old acura so went out and bought the wife a chrysler 300 and myself a suzuki forenza for my daily 40 mile commute

16. I feel your pain!!! I am a medical student with a gun addiction. I have to really tweak my budget and take advantage of my local gun shops unbeatable layaway to get my toys!!! It is going to take a long time to get my Taurus 1911 off of layaway!!!

17. AndrewST

AndrewST Guest

Oh yea, been there. When I commuted from the town I grew up in to the "city" I live in(17 miles) I hit so many deer, they are just every where here in Oregon.

18. The only time you won't see many deer in PA is during deer season.