Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever heard of this Turkish gun? Apparently, rifles are a lot harder to get in Turkey than shotguns, so they made the Safir T14 shotgun...which looks like an AR-15! :)

·
Registered
719 Posts
Interesting that they went with the .410.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Thats a neat little video. Pretty cool. :D

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
If the USAF ever sends me to Turkey, I am buying one of those no doubt about it!

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Re: Sorry for late reply !

Dear Sirs,
You may check our shotguns at
Sporting Products LLC

340 Royal Palm Way

Suite 101

Palm Beach, Fl 33480
Tel: 561-837-8625
e-mail: [email protected]

You may contact us at [email protected] for technical details.
Regards,
Safir Team
Thanks so much for joining us! Please stick around, as I'm sure folks will be throwing questions your way for a good long while.

G

·
Should be on the shelves soon

I am expectin a shipment of T 14 and 14carbines in next week. Please feel free to e-mail me with any questions.

Adam

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
This is the gentleman I spoke with and mentioned in the other T14 thread (sorry can't cross link, too much work from the blackberry). It was great talking to him and can vouch that he seems like he'll be a great guy to do buisness with. I hope to get one when funds permit.

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
T14 fellows, I think by providing purchase price and details here would prevent many unnecessary PMs and emails, what is the price and anything out of the ordinary in regards to purchase or just the normal ffl requirements? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
410? Do not want.

I just have no interest for a small bore shotgun.

If you could make a 12 gauge upper that is around 450-550, then I would be interested.

20gauge? Again, not really interested.

Great idea though!

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
I email the distributor minutes ago and got a response almost instantly. Apparently this is BIG HUSH HUSH untill now, but he got a laugh when I told him that it's already being pushed. I got to chat with him for a few minutes and he is a great guy that knows his stuff. Ready for a shocker... he's got a shipment coming in, will hit the shores and be on the shelf by next week with a MSRP of roughly 1200ish for complete rifle. Due to it being and import and other BS he's only able to ship it with a 5 round mag, but will be looking into having hicaps made state side and is also going to be looking into the possibility of getting just the uppers, means we can have one mailed right to our doors! WOOOT.
This is what I posted in the OTHER thread, since there's two. This seems like the logical one to keep going. Anyways, a Saiga it is not, but no AR is. This is a smooth bore shotty, and I think even with this small calliber, it will still be a hoot. It'll be an attention getter for sure, and if they are able to bring just the uppers in, and find someone (other then promag) to make hicap mags for it, we will have a damn cool AR option.

Picture this. You get one of these puppies, add some basic toys to it, such as a red dot, flashlight, 6po stock, maybe some cool furniture. Now lets add a 15-20 round magazine sticking out the bottom loaded up with Steel-cased Russian 2 3/4" 97-gr. .410 gauge Silver Bear Sabot Slugs. It's leaning up against the night stand. You hear that sterio typical bump in the night, but instead of on TV, it was coming from your living room. How good of a home defense arm would this make? I'd vote pretty damn good. 97 grain projectile that isn't likely to over penetrate into the neighbors house and a high cap magazine of them to boot? Yea, I'd have no problem grabbing it to go investigate if that was a BG or just the damn cat again.

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
That price point is higher than what I'd pay, especially with the prices of 410. I thought it would come in at around 600-700. Not interested, I'd do a saiga 12G conversion for that kind of money and 12 G is WAY cheaper.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
That's why I'm hoping for an upper only option. Still plan on getting my 50beo upper too, I see no need for a lower for every gun, not when money is tight round here anyways.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts