Same Mag for 9MM Carbine and Pistol

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by wingman, Aug 15, 2015.

1. wingman

wingman Member

The attached pictures show a way to modify the handgrip on both the C9 and the 380 pistols so they can use the same 10 round mag as the 995TS. The material I used to fill the gap between the mag base and the handgrip is like a modeling clay. After I formed it into the shape I wanted, I removed it from the pistol, and the mag, and baked it in an oven according to the package directions. I then sanded it to remove any rough spots, and to make sure the mag would slide easily through its opening and lock into place properly. I pushed some of the clay up into the grip, during molding and before baking,(not much) so the clay extension was anchored in the grip. I then used electrical tape to hold the grip in place. It works great, and does not affect the operation of the gun.

This clay can be bought at Walmart, or Hobby Lobby and costs around $2. One package is enough for two guns.

Tips:

1. Put some wax paper around the mag so the clay does not stick to it.

2. After you are finished molding the extension, put the pistol in the refrigerator until it is chilled, before you try to remove the clay. If you try to remove the clay at room temperature, it will deform.

3. After you bake the clay, you will have to spend some time sanding to make sure the mag slides freely and locks into place properly. This material appears very tough, but is easy to sand.

This works for me.

(not responsible for nuclear detonations, global ocean pollution, extinction of any species, or Al Gore running for President. Use at your OWN risk!)

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      65.2 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      68.4 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      52.3 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      63.3 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      48.2 KB
      Views:
    • 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      44.6 KB
      Views:
    • 9.jpg
      9.jpg
      File size:
      52.9 KB
      Views:
  2. peorth

peorth Member

With the clay added, does the mag fit the carbine afterwards??

3. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    No, you'd have to slide it off.

I assume it is loose enough to slide off?

4. wingman

wingman Member

The clay extension stays attached to the pistol hand grip all the time. The magazine slides through the clay extension, so this does not affect the operation of the magazine in the carbine. After the clay is baked, you have to do a little sanding in the magazine slot, in the clay, to make sure the mag slides through easily and locks into place properly.

In case you are wondering about the clay after baking, it is not brittle. It is like a firm-to-hard rubber. It sands easily and does not crack or break. You can also form it into any shape you want before baking. You can personalize the shape to fit your hand.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2015