Save some MONEY

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by ItBeMe, Nov 7, 2014.

1. ItBeMe

ItBeMe Member

2. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Easy to see on bright daylight?

3. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

Thanks for the heads up.

If/when I get my MP 15-22 I was thinking about putting a Reflex sight on it.

4. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    I have one like this, its a Sightmark branded unit, they all seem to be made in the same factories in China, so I'm totally against spending more for brand names, although I DO agree, the bottom of the barrel units can be crap.

My Sightmark works great, and this one is even cheaper at $21. All that said, I like the protection the OP unit has with that sort-of-a-tube.;)

http://www.amazon.com/Field-Sport-Green-Reflex-Reticles/dp/B00457SRBI/ref=pd_bxgy_sg_img_z

[​IMG]

5. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

Thanks for that link Al.

After I get the MP, I think I will grab one of these.

I already have the red dot on my Mossbeg 500.

Really debated between a reddot and a reflex style.

I'll try both on both and see what I like best.

I have a feeling I'll end up with the reflex on the Mossberg and the red dot on the MP, but who knows?

6. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    I like the reflex, they are light, easy to use with both eyes, good field of view.

But I think I like that type in the OP as well, some of the best of the reflex, with the protection of the tube.

Decisions, decisions.:p

Last edited: Nov 7, 2014
  7. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

I have the same sight, different markings:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...Y/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I had it originally on my 4095ts all by its lonesome but added it to a 2-7x32 scope on the same gun on the scope top rail. It holds zero, brightness in daylight isn't bad. I especially like the selection of reticles.

Would I like to have an Eotech... sure! But I can't justify that cost on the carbine.

And as Ajole said, it seems almost everything is made in China one way or another now a days... even some American Made stuff, incorporates Chinese parts...

8. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

I want one of those S&W's. I need a full size one first.

9. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

I use the sightmark on my 10/22 tactical bunny blaster. Cabela's had it on sale for 29.95 and I had a $20 dollar gift card so I only have ten bucks into it. So far it has worked like a champ and it has taken a little bit of beating and gotten wet from rain a few times. Battery life kinda sucks, but I buy the 2032's in bulk so they only run me about 60 cents a piece and I keep a couple spares in my range bag.

10. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

I couldn't justify the price, even for my Tavor.
    I do kinda like this little scope; 4x scope with reticle
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JOSD4BG?psc=1

Though that ATI sight looks promising, too. I might just be able to get away with something to raise my tru-glo up a bit on my Tavor, it sucks having to duck even lower on the gun to see the dot, which can cause my earmuff to raise up a bit

11. Moestooge

Moestooge Member

A reliable source told me that the majority of the world's scopes are made at one large complex in China. The low-skilled workers on the Tasco line get the usual 56 cents an hour. If you're talented enough to make Leupolds and other high-end brands, you earn somewhat more.

12. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Funny thing is that I've always had good luck with tascos..... Simmons on the other hand, not so much.

13. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Three things...A-56 cents an hour is probably a decent wage there.

And B-assembly is assembly, there's no "special talent" to it, the real difference between Tasco and Leupold is the quality of components (especially glass) specced for them, the design of how things are sealed, and how they operate.

And C-Leupolds are assembled in Oregon. So that point is malarkey regardless.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
  14. ItBeMe

ItBeMe Member

Well for 56¢ your getting one hell of a deal. Go to a fast food place and look what you get 90% of the time. :D