Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All I can say is "GOD BLESS YOU" :cantlook:

http://officer.com/web/online/Top-News-Stories/SC-Mayor-Bans-Police-Pursuits-on-Foot/1$48500

Here's the video http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/crime/2009/09/22/dnt.sc.no.foot.chase.wspa

The mayor of Wellford, S.C. is defending a policy she issued earlier this month which bans police officers from chasing suspects on foot, according to WSPA-TV.

On Sept. 2, Mayor Sallie Peake issued a memo to all of the city's officers that read: "As of this date, there are to be no more foot chases when a suspect runs. I do not want anyone chasing after any suspects whatsoever."

Peake told the news station that she issued the mandate because several officers have been injured during chases, driving up insurance costs for the town.

The city is paying $20,000 annually in workers' compensation claims, much of which goes to the police force, she said.

According to Wellford Police Chief Chris Guy, three officers have been injured during foot chases in the last two years

Guy has told his officers to abide by the policy and says they can still protect the public.

"Just because a suspect may run does not mean we can't identify them, sign warrants, and catch them later," he said.

Spartanburg County Sheriff Chuck Wright disagrees with Guy's assessment, telling WSPA-TV that when a suspect gets away, there is always the chance he could hurt someone before officers catch up with him.

"If a bank robber or a drunk driver or a shoplifter or somebody with a warrant runs on foot, it's our obligation to do what we can do to bring them to justice," he said.

·
Banned
4,095 Posts
Yup ole crazy Sallie!! I have had a tussle with her. I used to do armed security at a strip club in her town. They can't keep good cops there cause of her BS. SHE wants to run everythng right down to the doing the scheduleing for the PD. I asked her several times where did SHE get her police training. She's a power hungry no nothing nutcase.

·
Banned
3,722 Posts
Well I bet she increased the sales of running shoes in her town. So there's a plus.

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
If I was a cop there, I think I would find a cousin or somebody to purse snatch the mayor while I just happened to be walking towards them from a block away. As the Mayor is screaming for me to catch the guy running away I would saunter up to her and ask if she wanted to make a report, as I am under orders from my Chief not to run. Betcha the policy would get changed before shift change........ :D

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
hell not even fast....just jog lol

i wonder if running in place counts? im retarded.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
There's no reason they can't hop on a motorcycle or in their cruiser and give chase just like they do now... I'm not seeing this as a horrible thing, although there may be some idiots who think it's a license to grab & dash...

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If foot chases are out.. no reason not to think vehicle chases have been long banned.

·
Banned
4,095 Posts
The last I knew they could still pursue in a vehicle BUT after the SCHP video of em hitting the nimrod running I on't think they will hit em with the cruiser.

I think certain people are padding Silly Sallie's bank account

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
See this is what happens when people elect dumbasses! You have a bad situation turning potentially exponentially worse.

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
See this is what happens when people elect dumbasses! You have a bad situation turning potentially exponentially worse.
Yup, dumbasses, dummycrats (not to be confused with Democrats) and people who can't speak English. Shoot, I live in the south and I had a real tough time understanding what she had to say. :cantlook:

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
http://www.cityofwellford.com/index.cfm?id=221883&fuseaction=browse&pageid=45

The mayors direct line is listed, give her a call, I did, its after hours though, I left a voicemail with my contact info. I hope she calls me back.
I would.. but there's no way to sugar coat the fact that the lady's an asshole and the fact that she is putting money ahead of public safety is not only ridiculous, it's downright dangerous and she should be chased out of town! How she is acting toward the media just made my point more solid.

But how about this as an idea.. We arm the city. Criminals committing crimes get a bullet in the ass! That way the cops don't have to chase. The article on www.officer.com had 14 pages of comments at last count. "The police chief needs to go to man school" was one of my favorites.

Yup, dumbasses, dummycrats (not to be confused with Democrats) and people who can't speak English. Shoot, I live in the south and I had a real tough time understanding what she had to say. :cantlook:
I didn't have a good time understanding the crazy bitch :D

·
Banned
4,095 Posts
She has gone thru at least a 1/2 dozen to a dozen Officers in the last 6 years They get the academy trining and leave for another dept for more money and to get away from her One guy she fired for insubordination bacause he wouldn't vote for her. The chief is a lazy useless POS.

·
Registered
205 Posts
dang ima go be a cop there all i will have to do is aim and shoot my tazer and if they get away ohhh well i couldnt run time to stock up on doughnuts hahhaha

·
Registered
43 Posts
There's no reason they can't hop on a motorcycle or in their cruiser and give chase just like they do now... I'm not seeing this as a horrible thing, although there may be some idiots who think it's a license to grab & dash...
if they're not allowed to pursue on foot, jumping in the cruiser isnt goin to help. what do they do when they cant proceed in the vehicle any further, wave???? or maybe they'll yell " STOP,,,OR I'LL SAY STOP AGAIN...."

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
The part where it says "officers can pick them up later on a warrent"... but what if the run on foot again? :cantlook:

How did this woman get elected?

·
Registered
799 Posts
people are going to forced to take even more action against the bad guys nows.im gonig to laugh my butt off if i hear she gets robbed or something.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
" STOP,,,OR I'LL SAY STOP AGAIN...."
New keyboard time... when am I going to learn to stop drinking Mt. Dew while reading the HPFF?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts