Scarce Ammo and Guns In US Soon?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by TNTRAILERTRASH, Oct 27, 2015.

1. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

2. talon

talon the banned wagon

Baaaaaaaaa!!

3. Im more concerned with the impending election putting a scare into the gun community again. and not seeing 22lr for another 3 years

4. Kiln

Kiln Member

With a truckload of Democrats running on gun control, you can bet that the closer we get to the election, the fewer guns we'll have available.

5. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

I'm planning on stopping at an LGS tonight and picking up another Lee Quick Change Bushing.

Sadly, it's going to push out my ROI/Break-Even point a little bit further again.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

6. Now this I beleive.

7. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

I am not going to change my system. 3 to 4 times a month I pick up some 223/556, 9mm, 30-06, and if they have exactly what I want 22lr. So far my system is working and if they are out of 1 or 2 of what I need I get more of the ones they have. Cash only so I don't spend too much. I do hope the crazies stay away for awhile as I still would like an AR 10.

8. well dane, now i have to unbury my tube of ammo..

Attached Files:

9. You might be right about gun/ammo shortages. A couple of weeks ago I started to see "holes" in the shelves again at Fleet Farm. Not many holes, just a few for current standard military cartridges. Plus, for not long enough(full shelves 4-6 weeks ago) to say that it is an indicator of a problem.

Last few times before the mass shortages this went on for about 3 months and included more and more calibers. Then it got real bad.

I'm not real concerned, but I did buy an 8# of one of my standard powders a little sooner than I had intended. Last week, instead of the previously scheduled January 2016.

For link following impaired.

"A Czech TV report confirms that long guns – shotguns and rifles – have been flying off the shelves in Austria, and Austrians who haven’t already purchased a gun may not have a chance to get one for some time. They’re all sold out.

And those arming themselves are primarily women."

"Alan Gottlieb, executive vice president of the Second Amendment Foundation, said he recently returned from a gun rights event in Europe, where he sensed a change in attitude toward firearms.
    "“I just returned from a gun rights meeting in Belgium, and I can attest that all over Europe people now want the means to defend themselves,” Gottlieb told WND. “Self-defense is no longer a dirty word. In countries like Austria, where it is still legal to own a firearm, gun sales are at record levels. I can tell you first-hand that people in Europe now wish they had a Second Amendment.""

More potential new customers are entering the market than ever before, according to the Czech report."

10. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

LGS didn't have it. I'll have to order online.

Peace favor your sword (mobile)

11. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
  12. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    I have about 1000 rds of 22mag. Have been to the range one or twice this year. And wont be going there again until I see some 22mag on the shelves. 9mm good shape. Need some more .30 and .357/38spl. That .357is some expensive ammo.

13. planosteve

If you have Academy Sports in your area they have 50 rd boxes of Monarch for under $20 in 357 158 gr hp.

14. planosteve

I have 1200 rds of 22 mag in my zompoc stash, but I only have around 400 practice rounds left. I haven't seen any in 9 months.

15. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

I use the Lee Lock Ring eliminator on all my dies.

Attached Files:

16. mej24

mej24 Member

Have started seeing Perfecta .38 at the WallyWorld for $14-15, .357 around $17.

17. Atomic_Ed

Atomic_Ed Member

What is this "22lr" you speak of? That went extinct here about 7 years ago. Have to mail order if you want any. I don't see that changing locally anytime soon, even with the elections.

18. rickm

rickm Member

HeHe i got lucky the other day and bought 450 rounds of 22lr for $15 OTD