Sccy CPX 2

Discussion in 'Gun Gallery' started by JBall419, Apr 12, 2014.

1. JBall419

JBall419 Member

Ohio
    Got one for my wife last summer she didn't like it that much so I got rid of it. However I did like it so I grabbed me one to carry this summer. ImageUploadedByHi-Point Forum1397338132.761695.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum

2. bluebone

bluebone Duke of Sarcasm Member

the knife attachment makes it a bear to holster doesnt it?

3. JBall419

JBall419 Member

Ohio
    That it does

4. bluebone

bluebone Duke of Sarcasm Member

lol....i've the GPX-1 and i like it a lot.

5. Nice looking Sccy, but I love that knife!

6. JBall419

JBall419 Member

Ohio

Me to my dad found it at a garage sale , offered $3 for it and gave it to me :)

7. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

Seriously thinking of trading in my C9 for one. I want something a little better suited for carry. Half the weight and hols a couple more rounds

8. geekandwife

geekandwife Good ole Boy Member

Nooooooo... Go with the original not the company that stole the design and still can't make it work 100%. P-11 and then you can always get a p-40 slide and barrel. Or my concealed gun of choice the thinner, lighter pf-9.

9. JBall419

JBall419 Member

Ohio

Great gun come with two 10 round mags. Their made in Florida and have a lifetime warranty that follows the gun.

10. JBall419

JBall419 Member

Ohio

They work fine this is my second with zero issues

11. JBall419

JBall419 Member

Ohio
    I personally hated the pf9 I like this much better

12. geekandwife

You must not shoot it much. Frame pins walk themselves out, replacement parts like recoil rods and springs that break or are deformed right out of the factory. As with any gun you can get good and bad, but for a company that makes just one product that they stole the design 100% from their former employer, I expect that product to be dang near perfect.

I also like the customization options Kel Tec offers as well, but thats just my 2 cents...

13. JBall419

JBall419 Member

Ohio

So you've owned one and experienced these issues?

14. geekandwife

Yep, Luckily my LGS let me return it after the 4th rod and spring they sent me was fubar on delivery. As far as the frame pins walking out, had it happen to my uncles cpx-1 and cpx-2. Its doesn't inspire confidence when your answer from the factory is "Have you tried superglue?" At least Kel Tec will offer the metal pins that they use for their clips if you continue to have problems.

15. JBall419

JBall419 Member

Ohio

I've heard there were issues with earlier models. I haven't had any problems with mine but if I do I'll update here

16. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

I'm a big SCCY fan! Bought one & sold it to fund another gun. I bought a 2nd one, showed it to my son, haven't seen it since. I am working on a 3rd, No one is going to see this one!!!

17. I have the CPX-2 and took it to the range for the first time Thursday shot a hundred rounds through it with no problems at all. I'm very pleased with the gun and the quality of it.

18. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

I believe most of the issues were resolved in the second generation models.

And I can get a Sccy with a manual safety, not on the KelTec. With young kids, that's an important feature to me

19. I like my CPX-2. No problems in over 1000 rds. It's my CCW.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
  20. JBall419

JBall419 Member

Ohio
    Tech driver nice ! Is that a arma laser TR10 ? How do you like it ? What did it run ya?