Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about putting a scope on my 995. This would be my first scope on any of my firearms.
For the members that have scopes on their 995, what scope length do you recommend? There isn't much room between the rear sight and the butt-pad, so that would limit the length I would think. Since the rifle is relatively cheap, I am thinking about a relatively affordable, good scope.
Can you put high mounts/rings to be able to use both the iron sights and the scope?

I would appreciate any help and feedback you all have on this one

Thanks,

Ben

·
Registered
9 Posts
i built a scope mnt for my 995 out of a thin piece of channel, that just cleared the iron sites by less then a 1/16,pro. machined to fit on the orig.cover screw holes, and with 1/8 in longer screws i remounted my iron sites, picked up a flat mount weaver base an rings ,and machined drilled and taped the holes for the base , then mounted a 3x9 bushnell, and it looked HOT!! off to my gun shop for a bore site and to my surprise, he cant even get it close,even with the magnetic hookup.he told me that if he was able to get it to pull in,that it is only going to be good for about 50 yds, and then the two trajectory lines would cross ( scope and barrel ), so you would have to adjust scope again, for 75 yds,and again at 100,soooo, i took it all off and just mounted my scope on the rec cover and it is sweeeeet,unless someone has a better idea, i showed him the new scope mounts that have come up on the forum ,but he says he has no idea how they will work,at different yardage,rusobr2

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
I mounted a NcStar p4 sniper on mine just recently...looks sweeet! It measures about 7.5'' in length....good fit in my opinion. The price was'nt too bad either,it run me about 50.00 Have'nt had it to the range yet...but I'm sure it will serve its purpose. I'll get some pics out there soon. If you go to Combathunting.com, they have some pretty descent sights there. Happy plinkin!!

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
Take a look at Center Point scopes at Wally World. They are low cost and fair to good glass. I picked up a 4-16 for my 10/22 for about 75.00. You may want to consider adjustable optics if you plan to shoot at 25 yards or less.

Ron M.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm putting a Center Point 3-9x scope on my 995 using an American Defence tactical scope mount. once the scope is sighted in, u can remove the whole mount with the flip of 2 levers and still use the "iron sights" And as long as u remount the scope mount to the same spot on the rail, it will still be sighted in.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i built a scope mnt for my 995 out of a thin piece of channel, that just cleared the iron sites by less then a 1/16,pro. machined to fit on the orig.cover screw holes, and with 1/8 in longer screws i remounted my iron sites, picked up a flat mount weaver base an rings ,and machined drilled and taped the holes for the base , then mounted a 3x9 bushnell, and it looked HOT!! off to my gun shop for a bore site and to my surprise, he cant even get it close,even with the magnetic hookup.he told me that if he was able to get it to pull in,that it is only going to be good for about 50 yds, and then the two trajectory lines would cross ( scope and barrel ), so you would have to adjust scope again, for 75 yds,and again at 100,soooo, i took it all off and just mounted my scope on the rec cover and it is sweeeeet,unless someone has a better idea, i showed him the new scope mounts that have come up on the forum ,but he says he has no idea how they will work,at different yardage,rusobr2
Sounds probable to me... I'm no armorer, but it appears by raising the scope several inches above the iron sights, the barrel & scope would be further off parallel (than scope mounted on the cover rail) and amplify the misalignment. Maybe just sight it in at 75... aim low for 50 and high for 100? :angel:

I'm putting a Center Point 3-9x scope on my 995 using an American Defence tactical scope mount. once the scope is sighted in, u can remove the whole mount with the flip of 2 levers and still use the "iron sights" And as long as u remount the scope mount to the same spot on the rail, it will still be sighted in.

Please post a pic or link for this mount!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I found a relatively cheap Center Point 3-9 x 32 with illuminating red/green cross-hairs, with an overall length of 13 inches (a bit larger for the carbine). I can see well through it. I also got a set of weaver scope rings, but they are loose when I mount them on the factory weaver rail that came with the 995. Anyone has experienced the same problem with their stock rail? No mater how much I tighten the screws on the scope rings to the rail, they are still loose. Maybe a problem with the precision mnf. with the original rails???

·
Registered
586 Posts
ok, i noticed I misspelled the name in that last link (sorry) and i'm still a noob who hasn't figured out how to edit his own posts....
but here is the correct page for any who are interested:

http://www.americandefensemfg.com/
click "modify" over here

:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.