Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to make a psuedo sniper, Kalinka make the original optics for that still. Does anyone have a good smith to D&T the reciever that they would recommend?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ooops, sorry Krippp. :-[

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Accumounts makes the nicest repro scopes and mounts that I have seen. They can be a little spendy though. Every now and then they will have their kits on ebay for 150 with a modern fixed 4x scope (I have one, and they work and look nice).

The install is pretty straight forward. Line up the mount, drill, tap, and install.

I actually ran into an issue with my install because I was putting it on an ex-sniper. I actually need to reweld a hole because the originals and the mount don't line up properly. You won't have that issue with a virgin rifle though.

For you bolt, only use the boltman. The guys on ebay are hacking up your bolt and epoxying on new handles. These can not be restored/repaired later to look like a proper sniper bolt. The bolt man cuts them at the ball, and welds from there. This leaves everything on the bolt body looking correct. Oh, and it's stronger than epoxy. I learned this the hard way... you don't have to.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.