Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I went to Cabelas today cause my awesome roommate gave me a 100 dollar gift card that someone gave to him that he wasnt going to use. I was looking around and not sure what to buy. I didnt see any of the carbines, so I finally took a number and asked the guy behind the counter. He said he had the classic 995 for 169.99 plus tax. I didnt hesitate to buy it. It only ended up costing me 80 dollars of my own money.
He only had one left and the display model after I bought mine. Cant wait to try it out.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, it was super cool of my roommate to give me that gift card. He has had the gift card since christmas and said he didnt think he was going to use it. He loved the 995 and said he was glad that I put the money to good use.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Bought mine at the cabelas in Ft. Worth, Texas for $179.99. I got 15% off automatically for opening up a cabelas visa so it ended up costing me only $153! I should have bought two because I can't get enough of the 995. :devilsidesmile:

·
Registered
223 Posts
My roommate is my wife and I never got a 100.00 Cabela's card from her. You must have a great roomy! Nice price too!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Did they pull the "you need handgun paperwork" when you went to buy it? I got the run-around when I bought both of mine....a week apart, and I ordered them at the same time

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did they pull the "you need handgun paperwork" when you went to buy it? I got the run-around when I bought both of mine....a week apart, and I ordered them at the same time
No, it was actually quite easy.
The guy that helped me was an older gentleman probably in his late fifties, he was cool and patient with me while we filled out the paper work.
I will post some pics when I have a minute.
It is just the 995 classic, thats why it was marked down.
The salesman told me that he sold three of them on saturday, all to the same family :D

·
Premium Member
10,285 Posts
No, it was actually quite easy.
The guy that helped me was an old gentleman probably in his late fifties, he was cool and patient with me while we filled out the paper work.
I will post some pics when I have a minute.
It is just the 995 classic, thats why it was marked down.
The salesman told me that he sold three of them on saturday, all to the same family :D
What are you saying there :mad: , :D :D

Wish there was a Cabelas around me....

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
Well I got a NEW, yes NEW 995TS for the same price. :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:
:bs:

I want to see a copy of a receipt, your claiming $180 out the door, I just want to be clear on my BS meter

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
Like I said, :bs: until I/we see evidence, don't talk produce the evidence and I will retract my statement with an apology and a thank you.

BTW, that is below wholesale cost, so IF an LGS sold you one at that price they lost a significant amount of money.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nice.
I noticed there is a spot on the receipt where they noted "price quote", let me see if I can guess what happened.....one of the associates gave you the wrong price quote and you spoke to a manger and they were forced to sell it to you at that price. Am I right? Either way....nice score and I am a little jealous.
However, did your roommate give you a $100 dollar gift card to put towards it?????
Then I am still the big winner.

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
I stand corrected, I apologize, they lost some major money on that sale (+ forward grip). Somebody probably got canned for that sale. It looks almost like they quoted for a C9 and not 995 TS, I'll have to give Cabelas a try with a price quote.

·
Registered
144 Posts
That is close to what happend. I special ordered the TS and I put down $67 dollars for the order. Then I had to wait and wait and wait, even though they said they had found oune and it would take two weeks to get there. Well weeks later i get a call and so I go to pick up the gun and they had ordered the wrong gun. They had ordered the classic not the TS. The upc numbers were one digit off. So the special order guy told me that he would give me the sale price for waiting so long. The new special order went through and weeks later...I got the call, little did they realize the price difference from the old and the new. they didn't have the final price until the gun arrived, but then it was too late, they had quoted me a price and i had money down at that price. So they had to honor that price. I don't think they were to to happy in the end....but I was!!

Oh, and Beeg Boy, I did not pay a penny out of my own pocket for it, we get $150 in Cabela bucks a quarter from work for a saftey bonus. I had two quarters saved up, minus a little for some new camo, so that is why the receipt shows a $40.19 balance. That is what I have left after the purchase.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.