Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A guy locally had an ad saying "beat up 12 gauge for trade or best offer". I offered him 80 bucks worth of 9mm and took the old revelation home with me. these were built by mossberg and marketed under revelation. It's an oldie but it functions like designed. I used wheel caliper paint in graphite grey it says gas and oil resistant and high heat. We will see how it holds up but I have kind of high expectations. here is the before and after, the barrel is 18.75 now and I polished the bolt and various internal parts.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
I'd say you got a good deal and did a GREAT job on it. And keep us posted on your paint job. I would like to paint my mossy that way. :yes:

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
that is freakin' AWESOME!!! :cool2:

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the secret is...i buy and sell and trade...i dont have some of the things ive posted in the past anymore...ruger pc9..gone. ruger p89..gone. walther p22...gone. but always get replaced ended up with 2 sks rifles for the walther p22. a glock for the pc9. and so on. i currently only have 3 pistols. 4 pumps. and 4 long rifles.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Lol...that is NOT what I expected! Looks great, bud. Only thing I would change is the gloss black on the handguard. Change it to a flatter--or even textured--paint (like the pistol grip) and that's a sweet rig, 100%

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
I agree with RDFabsRep on the above statment. Gloss black doesn't look good on that foregrip.

That's one hell of a transformation though dude, great job!!!!!

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am thinking about adding an aftermarket forearm that has that molded front grip. since this gun basicall is an older mossy 500 it should work. I am trying to keep the cost down since I have so little in it already!

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
the secret is...i buy and sell and trade...i dont have some of the things ive posted in the past anymore...ruger pc9..gone. ruger p89..gone. walther p22...gone. but always get replaced ended up with 2 sks rifles for the walther p22. a glock for the pc9. and so on. i currently only have 3 pistols. 4 pumps. and 4 long rifles.
An ol' time horse trader in our midst!! 8)

I have an Uncle like that. He will trade anything!! ...and usually comes out on the plus side of the trade.
The shotgun looks great, by the way. Probably worth a nice P22 or $160 worth of 9mm ammo or something now!! lol :D :D

Buzz

·
Registered
367 Posts
An ol' time horse trader in our midst!! 8)

I have an Uncle like that. He will trade anything!! ...and usually comes out on the plus side of the trade.
The shotgun looks great, by the way. Probably worth a nice P22 or $160 worth of 9mm ammo or something now!! lol :D :D

Buzz
ive got a uncle like that too!
good deal bro!i like it

1 - 20 of 27 Posts