Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Please Delete
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its a real turd. I was short a mag. this one looks like it had a metal buttplate. my others have cracking plastic. I'll bead blast what I dont want & sell the pieces until I get my money back ($120).
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Combat pistol shooting
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Combat pistol shooting

·
Registered
125 Posts
Nice!

I won four frames (2x Lansco's, 1 El Monte Tool & Die and one EA380).

I think there was batch of Galesi (I think) frames on GB the other day. It was tempting. I don't have a Galesi yet.

·
Registered
Please Delete
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice!

I won four frames (2x Lansco's, 1 El Monte Tool & Die and one EA380).

I think there was batch of Galesi (I think) frames on GB the other day. It was tempting. I don't have a Galesi yet.
its all the little pieces that cost an too expensive to build a complete on a frame.
I found that out on a Star BM frame i got for 10 bucks...not like a 1911 where parts are easy to come by.

·
Registered
125 Posts
its all the little pieces that cost an too expensive to build a complete on a frame.
I found that out on a Star BM frame i got for 10 bucks...not like a 1911 where parts are easy to come by.
I prefer to get part kits. I was using everygunpart.com for awhile and would order SNS kits when they were on sale, now they are a bit expensive. So I search Gunbroker for part kits. One can find pretty good deals, sometimes. I got a Raven mother lode about a year ago. And the four frames I won, were a pretty good deal. With that said, based on my initial search finding parts for the EA380 will be a challenge.

And one has to be patient. I got some P64 frames and it took me a long time to find a part kits that wasn't stupid expensive (still would like another parts kit).

Were you able to rebuild the Star?

·
Registered
Please Delete
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I prefer to get part kits. I was using everygunpart.com for awhile and would order SNS kits when they were on sale, now they are a bit expensive. So I search Gunbroker for part kits. One can find pretty good deals, sometimes. I got a Raven mother lode about a year ago. And the four frames I won, were a pretty good deal. With that said, based on my initial search finding parts for the EA380 will be a challenge.

And one has to be patient. I got some P64 frames and it took me a long time to find a part kits that wasn't stupid expensive (still would like another parts kit).

Were you able to rebuild the Star?
No, I have 2 others complete but I never really tried in earnest to find everything after see how much they want for small parts.I'm just waiting out the panic which I dont think will end.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts