Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Scotty said he hates this 2011 Audi A4 2.0 Turbo. Take a look at this video. It was amusing to me (partially because I did not get ripped off). The car only had about 87,700 miles on it when it failed.

Reactions: TNTRAILERTRASH

·
No longer broke...
21,623 Posts
And who is Scott Kilmer?

Reactions: HPD855

·
Premium Member
35,662 Posts
Apparently Scotty Kilmer never owned a 1970’s American made car...87,000 miles was ridiculously good, if you could get it.

·
Resident PITA
15,961 Posts
Odd. That don't look like a Yugo.

·
Premium Member
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In my opinion if a vehicle lasts to over 180,000 miles with proper care and without any major costly repairs you got a good car. If it lasts to over 150,000 without any costly repairs you got an okay car.

The second car I owned was a 1990 Geo Metro. I bought it for $3,000 with around 45,000 miles on it and drove it for close to 100,000 miles. I got rid of it after the cadillac converter got clogged up. After all those years with that car I just did not want it anymore.

I am hoping my 2009 Mazda 5 gets to over 200,000 miles without any major problems. Right now we have close to 122,000 miles on it. We bought it with about 70,000 miles on the odometer.

Reactions: fatal-bert33

·
Premium Member
35,662 Posts
Bought a '91 New Yorker (the small one) with the Mitsubishi 3.0 V-6 for $1000 with about 90K on it, drove it for another 80K, the daughter took it to school and it got crunched, totaled for a $2500 payoff by the other guys insurance, bought it back for salvage for $500, pounded out the fender to clear the tire and bent a panel so the passenger door would open, and put another 20K miles on it. So we got payed $1000 to drive that car for 100K miles, at 30 mpg, and it ran like a champ the whole way, with really comfy seats.

·
Administrator
24,380 Posts
I had an old Dodge Caravan I bought for $1500 with 150k miles on it and used it for work when I owned the construction company. Drove that thing all over NC and it died just shy of 500k.

·
Premium Member
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had an old Dodge Caravan I bought for $1500 with 150k miles on it and used it for work when I owned the construction company. Drove that thing all over NC and it died just shy of 500k.
Our Dodge Caravan did not last nearly that long. It had over 100,000 miles on it when we bought it I believe. I cannot remember how many miles we got out of it before the transmission had major problems. (I think it was less than 40,000 miles.) We got rid of it for $400.

You got an excellent car. Getting 480,000 miles on most cars is unheard of.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
If anybody's ever owned a 70's Pontiac with a V-8 in them knows if that vehicle reached 50K, you better know how to change out a timing chain system, cause the plastics they used around the cam cog would always dicentegrate and chain would jump teeth and go out of timing. Once one got rid of the manufacturer's timing chain system and went with good TRW, Cloyes or other aftermarket kit, you never needed to worry about the engine again as long as you kept up on new spark plugs every year or two and kept good points in distributor and dialed in that carb.

Today I have an '05 Ford Escape with V-6 that I bought as a trade in with 22K miles back in '05 and now have well over 188K miles on it, but I do more with its maintenance than most people do with just changing their oils'. I also change/swap out transmission fluid every 30-40K miles which is the downfall of most all transmissions used today. Everybody's forgotten about changing trans fluids anymore, so most transmissions go bad before 60-75K miles due to dirty fluids because of it. Now if one already has a negelected trans of at least 100K or more miles on that transmission and not kept up on trans fluid changes, do not change as it's already too late in many cases.

·
Premium Member
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My Ford Fusion 2017 recommendations are changing the automatic transmission fluid every 150,000 miles and the timing belt at the same mileage too. I think the transmission would be done at that point. We are going to ignore that and have the transmission fluid done about every 50,000 miles. I think when the engine gets close to 85,000 miles we will have the timing belt done too.

·
Premium Member
2,765 Posts
Apparently he's never owned a 1986 Buick Skyhawk either. I invented some new cuss words working on that POS. Consumer Reports had a bad mark (can't recall if that's red or black) on everything they had listed. It lasted about 8 years.

·
Premium Member
21,140 Posts
Another nobody no one would know existed if it wasn't for YouTube.
He had a gig on a big 3 morning show back when he lived in Rochester. He recntly left TeJas and moved to TN.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,804 Posts
He had a gig on a big 3 morning show back when he lived in Rochester. He recntly left TeJas and moved to TN.
And still no one gives a shit about him

·
Premium Member
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
And still no one gives a s*** about him.
I would not say that. Many of Scotty Kilmer's videos have over 400,000 to 1 million hits on them on YouTube.

·
Resident PITA
15,961 Posts
I would not say that. Many of Scotty Kilmer's videos have over 400,000 to 1 million hits on them on YouTube.
And there's vid of a kitten falling in a toilet with over 29M.

I wonder how many of this guys hits are from people posting him in forums?

·
Premium Member
4,648 Posts
hes just an internet dude who pretty much thinks your car is junk unless its a toyota celica
Little like the guys who think is ain't a gun if it ain't a Block - Hickok45, for one

1 - 20 of 46 Posts