Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my 995 to the range I sold it but wanted to check everything out first,
had problems not feeding , jams I said what the hell good time for this to happen
came home and check the remaining ammo and found out stupid,(me) didn't check the OAL
My Lee press was adjusted but some how changed
ran what I had left through the bullet seating die and going up to the range to recheck

·
Super Moderator
28,537 Posts
Yeah. I get it. I had my Lee Safety Balance Beam scale go out of zero between uses. I figured once it was zeroed, it was zeroed. I learned my lesson. Now if I step away from the table for anything longer than a pee break, everything gets re-checked. Scale balance zero gets checked and gets compared against the digital. COAL gets checked. Powder measure drop gets re-checked (off of the freshly zeroed scales).

Beyond that, I was gifted a Redding scale which I also use.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Reactions: Rerun

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,537 Posts
How do you like the Redding scale?
It's different from my Lee. Setting the weight is way easier. I use it as a check against my digital. I haven't used the oil dampening yet. Maybe when I do it'll take over from the digital.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Premium Member
9,408 Posts
It's different from my Lee. Setting the weight is way easier. I use it as a check against my digital. I haven't used the oil dampening yet. Maybe when I do it'll take over from the digital.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
My guess is that you will not like the dampening. The instructions call for 30 weight oil. I have had better luck with 3 and 1 oil. The oil does cause the scale to settle faster, but it is messy. The oil wicks. I just use a finger to settle then trickle by hand.

I have been told that if you use synthetic oil it will not wick. I dont know. Never tried it. Do synthetics evaporate? I don't know that either, but I have also been told that synthetics evaporate and makes them unsuitable.

They do make damper oil, but again, I have never tried it.

one thing I have tried is olive oil. Never again as it turns rancid.

Reactions: Rerun and lklawson
1 - 5 of 5 Posts