Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Marine
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been inactive on this forum due to the green wienie. But now I can show you my paint job. Got this idea from another user but don't remember who to give the credit too. Used a sea sponge from wallyworld and rustoleum base and model paint dulls for the camo. Post your pics of your final product if you've used the same method.

Attachments

·
Registered
322 Posts
SW9/40VE? Deff like the pistol

·
Registered
938 Posts
when i was a kid i lived with my grandma and she used this method to paint her whole kitchen, not camo obviously she used white and blue to make a cloud looking pattern. It still looks really nice.

·
Marine
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
when i was a kid i lived with my grandma and she used this method to paint her whole kitchen, not camo obviously she used white and blue to make a cloud looking pattern. It still looks really nice.
Ha ha, well when you put it that way Im going to repaint it now. jk

·
Registered
122 Posts
Nice enough job but you should have done it in Red and Gold with the eagle, globe and anchor on the butt! Lol, not too camoflage but would make it neat on our 238th birthday coming in November.

Semper Fi

paul

·
Marine
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice enough job but you should have done it in Red and Gold with the eagle, globe and anchor on the butt! Lol, not too camoflage but would make it neat on our 238th birthday coming in November.

Semper Fi

paul
Might try to do that. I picked up a metal etcher from a hobby store so I might try it on the slide of the Sigma, and then put gold leafing on the etch.

·
Premium Member
2,392 Posts

Semper Fi

paul
now that would be cool looking !!!!:D

·
Banned
6,120 Posts
looks good, doesnt look as "blocky" as most of the camo jobs ive seen, clean, soft edges, much more effective.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I have a ? Dose it leave a texture on the finished project

·
Marine
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have a ? Dose it leave a texture on the finished project
After the first layer I noticed that it had a slight texture so I purposely went over spots on the handle and front of the stock where I would be holding it so it had a rougher texture. But its not that annoying sticky kind, feels kinda like a rock.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Might add grip

1 - 15 of 15 Posts