1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Legible in My Own Mind
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
No longer broke...
21,623 Posts
It wasn't mentioned yet but I'm sure it will come up at some point.
What if the brave kid would have had a gun instead of just mace?

·
Just a Man
14,185 Posts
He'd a saved the state money not trying and incarcerating the a-hole!

·
No longer broke...
21,623 Posts
Perpetrators like that news to he brought to justice and make their way through the systems simply for tej sense of safety, security and justice of the common man.
Letting these clowns kill themselves doesn't give a society a sense that justice has been done.

·
Premium Member
5,928 Posts
Cool side note to this story

Student who helped stop Seattle shooter is flooded with wedding gifts

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/student-who-helped-stop-seattle-shooter-is-flooded-with-wedding-gifts-003503816.html

Jon Meis became an instant icon of courage on Thursday when he and fellow students helped subdue a gunman who was on a rampage inside Seattle Pacific University.

It turns out that the 22-year-old is also planning to get married. His newfound fans discovered the student's wedding registry and have been buying up presents for Meis and his future wife.

"There are a number of heroes in this. The people around (the gunman) stepped up," Assistant Police Chief Paul McDonagh said Thursday. "But for the great response by the people of Seattle Pacific, this incident might have been much more tragic."

Meis, an electrical engineering student on the Dean's list, was not physically harmed in the altercation with the gunman. Meis was carrying pepper spray at the time of the incident, which he used to help subdue suspected gunman Aaron R. Ybarra.

Local affiliate KIRO 7 heard about the registry and posted about it on their Facebook page, which includes some great testimonials from individuals who have purchased items on the registry.

Jon and his fiancé Kaylie have their wedding date set for June 21. For the registry, they've selected two stores - Crate & Barrel and Target. There's still time if you feel inclined to pick up a polyester dish drying mat or a trio of stainless steel whisks from their Target page. But the growing list of generous strangers has already managed to pluck up every gift off the Crate & Barrel page.

·
Just a Man
14,185 Posts
Perpetrators like that news to he brought to justice and make their way through the systems simply for tej sense of safety, security and justice of the common man.
Letting these clowns kill themselves doesn't give a society a sense that justice has been done.
I think it would make everyone feel safer and more secure, if some ccw'r killed the bastard dead before he shot anyone.

·
Premium Member
35,662 Posts
Bad guy getting shot dead by a good guy certainly satisfies my sense of justice.:rolleyes:

If it's not good enough for society, then society can suck it up, and get over it.:cool:

·
Legible in My Own Mind
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The young man could not have a gun on campus because it is a gun-free zone. Even campus security is not allowed to carry guns. That is what is amazing to me. This youngster saw the shooter attempting to reload and used that moment to attack the shooter with mace and then tackled him. That is a cool head and bravery under fire.

·
Banned
6,120 Posts
The young man could not have a gun on campus because it is a gun-free zone. Even campus security is not allowed to carry guns. That is what is amazing to me. This youngster saw the shooter attempting to reload and used that moment to attack the shooter with mace and then tackled him. That is a cool head and bravery under fire.
...and further proof than gun free zones dont work.

·
Legible in My Own Mind
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
...and further proof than gun free zones dont work.
And how much weight should one give to that "further proof" and do you think it will convince any on the liberal left to adopt a more pro 2nd amendment stance?

·
Banned
6,120 Posts
And how much weight should one give to that "further proof" and do you think it will convince any on the liberal left to adopt a more pro 2nd amendment stance?
i dont think it will convince the liberal left one single bit, no. they have an agenda, and nothing will stop them, even being proven wrong time and time again.

·
Duke of Sarcasm
5,028 Posts
i can see the antis using this in their favor. "Gun nut taken out by unarmed man". anything else will be ignored by them.

·
Premium Member
5,928 Posts
I can see the left using the fact that the gunman was subdued during a reload to push for lower magazine capacity.
That was one of my first thoughts too :(

·
No longer broke...
21,623 Posts
You're using the argument in reverse.
No need for smaller capacity mags obviously.
I don't know of any shotgun that holds over 8+1 by the way.

·
Premium Member
35,662 Posts
And yet they keep arguing for lower capacity, even passing laws in some places.

BTW...Saiga S12, 10, 12, and 20 round mags.;)

·
Just a Man
14,185 Posts
KSG and clones are 15?

·
Duke of Sarcasm
5,028 Posts
they wont be happy with capacity even if they were single shot muzzle loaders.

·
No longer broke...
21,623 Posts
And yet they keep arguing for lower capacity, even passing laws in some places.

BTW...Saiga S12, 10, 12, and 20 round mags.;)

A'right you're right.
For some reason I was only thinking of a pump action.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts