Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my 995 out for the second time. A friend and I went to the range, and set to sight in my red dot scope. After realizing a problem with the mount, we got it sighted in very nicely. I was able to consistently put 10 rounds into about 1" at 25 meters. I also have a 15rnd promag. The first one was a problem. The guy I purchased it from replaced it, saying they made changes to them, and must not have gotten all of the old ones out of inventory. The replacement did much better. I think I had one FTF.
Did notice a couple of times that the magazines did not want to stay locked in place. Either as they were inserted, or while firing. This happened 2-3 times. Twice with the stock, once with the promag, and that was the initial loading of the mag.
Once it was sighted in, we set to have fun. There were pop bottles there people were shooting at before, and we started having a contest on who could get one to fly highest. That is how accurate we got this thing. We then started seeing who could take out the smallest chunk of clay target with a single shot.
It was windy out so paper targets were not sitting well. My friend had some dry cleaning bags with tiny animals printed on them. We took to shooting them. Had a blast, and I hope to get out again, but the cold is coming. My fingers were stinging from loading the magazines as it was.

·
Premium Member
10,385 Posts
:welcome:
Sounds like you and your friend had a whole lot of fun.
1" groups at 25 meters isnt bad at all.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
I look forward to my first range shooting, first time firing a handgun and it sounds that a 1" group at 25 meters would be pretty damn hard to do. I see a 10" group in my future.
congrats

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.