Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new 995TS and acquired an older Weaver V7 scope with a Leopold ring attached. What I would like is a see through ring to mount the scope so the iron sights would be usable. Any information on a good height for the ring (1" diameter scope tube) would be appreciated. Also if you can recommend a specific mount it would also help me.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,889 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,065 Posts

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
25,876 Posts
I have a new 995TS and acquired an older Weaver V7 scope with a Leopold ring attached. What I would like is a see through ring to mount the scope so the iron sights would be usable. Any information on a good height for the ring (1" diameter scope tube) would be appreciated. Also if you can recommend a specific mount it would also help me.
:welcome:motomel!!!

Post pix once you get it together :D

·
Premium Member
35,832 Posts
This thread is a mess. Links to rings that won't fit the HP rails, no mention that most see through rings that tall would eliminate cheek weld entirely...

I'm thinking this simply isn't a good way to go, as evidenced by the OP abandoning it.;)

BTW, there used to be a mount made that was sheet metal, cut to clear the ejection port, drilled to use the shroud cover bolts to mount to the gun, and bent to provide a flat surface above the OEM sights, with a rail attached there.

I've got one.:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts