Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading a little bit and it seems that most of the aftermarket parts are for the 9mm and not my 40.

I almost bought an AR-15 today but couldn't justify the cost, considering I have the HP and rarely shoot it.

What I would like to do to my HP is the following and any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated:

1) add a scope - not a red dot but a magnifying scope as my right eye (the one I shoot with) has had surgery and I don't see as well as I could.
2) different butt. One that looks more assault rifle.
3) rails for mounting a laser or flashlight on the end.

I already added the stabilizer to the end but that is my only change to the gun since I bought it a few years back.

Anyone who has done mods to their 40 please speak up :)

Thanks,

Will

·
Registered
7 Posts
Bout the only thing I've seen is a set of rails from Midsouthe Shooters.. I sent for a set for my 995.. The new 995 stock doesn't light my fire. Any aftermarket seems 995 only.. That also sucks. Good shootin

·
Banned
4,095 Posts
Sorry no mods for the 4095 I use a laser mount and replaced the laser for a minimag light and put a red dot on it.

I just replaced the regular bulb with an LED so it would take the shock from firing! Of course I have an old hunting knife that fits in it as well and can be used as a bayonet :D :D

·
Premium Member
10,285 Posts
Scope option would just seem for you to decide what you want and get it. For rails there is the same option as the classic 995 and that is mount a rail on there yourself. Can't help with the stock question except get a TS model when they come out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I am starting to get excited. Buddy of mine just got the 9mm version with the new TS stock and WOW...it looks nice :)

Now if only I can get that for the 40.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
an update:

1) I ordered the laser kit this morning. I already have the suppressor so they subtracted 10 bucks from the package price.

2) I was told the tactical stock should be out early next year so I will wait for that to put on my .40

3) they are sending me the top scope rail and instructions on how to attach. After that I will just go find a short tactical 4x32 scope or something for about 60 bucks.

4) they are sending me the sling swivels and stuff so I can put one on.

All in all...very happy boy today :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts