Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is one of the cheapest ($13.99/50) yet fastest factory loads (1230fps from a pistol) at a reasonable price. Plus its reloadable brass.

Over 200 rounds NO FTF or FTE.
Semi rapid fire on a silhouette at 75yards were almost 100% hits with a cheap NcStar Halo type site.
Checked the barrel and action after the session and it appears to be very clean.
Brass was in very good condition after firing and fairly clean. Inside and out.
Most brass landed within a foot and a half of each other. Seems to be very consistent in the 995TS.

It may not be as cheap as the Walmart Federal 115FMJ but it isnt too bad for the small performance boost either. I was mainly amazed at how clean it left the barrel for imported ammo.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Are you sure it's brass case and not brass plated steel case? I have four boxes of S&B 9mm that I thought would be brass cased but after getting some Rem oil on it the case coatings of brass started to "bleed" off, exposing the steel case!

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im sure mine are brass. I checked the numbers on the box. Part number 00902 is brass. 00914 and 00915 are steel

Their nontox and other versions also have a slightly different box than mine.

Cabelas got in a load of it and i tried a few boxes. Beats the hell out of normal Blazer at the same price and its rated at 1230fps in 115gr FMJ. Most of the others are rated closer to 1150fps in a similar price range. Right now its $12.99 for 50 if you check the online store and the one near me will honor online pricing.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Great ammo! I've been using the S&B 9mm Luger from Cabella's for the past month. I bought 350 rounds, what was left on the shelf, the last time I was in the Hamburg, PA store. I put about 500 S&B rounds through a 995TS, a C9 Comp, and a Ruger P95. Loads and goes Bam, Bam!

The brass looks so good that I've been saving it although I don't reload. LOL!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts