Senator Sherrod Brown (D), Ohio - lies

Discussion in '2nd Amendment' started by lklawson, Jan 11, 2018.

1. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Following my own advice, I have written, emailed, and phoned my Senators, requesting their support for National Reciprocity.

This is Senator Brown's response:
    Dear Mr. Lawson:

Thank you for getting in touch with me about the federal concealed carry laws.

I appreciate you sharing your views on this issue with me. Gun safety laws are primarily established at the state level, and most states, including Ohio already have reciprocity agreements with other states. I remain concerned by any national concealed weapons legislation that preempts state laws and creates a standard that might not meet the needs of local communities. Law enforcement organizations have spoken out against creating national concealed weapons laws that could increase the dangers our police officers face every day. I will work to promote common sense gun safety laws that provide balanced and effective protection for our homes and communities while protecting our constitutional rights.

As any bills on concealed carry laws are considered in the Senate, I will keep your views in mind. Thank you again for getting in touch with me.

Sincerely,
    Sherrod Brown
    United States Senator
    It is an absolute lie, of course. Law Enforcement isn't concerned. But, he is a Democrat, so naturally he'll lie about this. It's what they do.

And is it now some sort of requirement that any time they talk about guns the HAVE to use the words "common sense?"

Won't stop me for continuing to tell him how he should vote. He is a representative for me, after all.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

2012gt, eldarbeast and Merle like this.
  2. adam01364

adam01364 Lifetime Supporter

Well, he claims to be a representative for you, anyway.

Can anyone truly represent Kirk, he who bows to EvilE?

histed and lklawson like this.

3. SWAGA

SWAGA Lifetime Supporter

Whaddaya thank he’d say?

Hipointer likes this.
  4. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Exactly what he did. That doesn't mean that I'm not gonna out him over it.

It also doesn't mean that I'm not going to keep telling him that he should vote for my rights. In a few cases, Democrats have been known to let go of the official party line if they get enough positive reinforcement from voters. :)

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

eldarbeast likes this.
  5. Keep after them Kirk...heck, invite him to SHOT show in Vegas!

6. histed

histed Supporting Member

Had to do it, didncha, rtm. JUST BLOODY HADTA! Now Kirk's gunna go totally psychotic and we'll get reams of Kirisms! Thanks, ding-dong! Thanks a lot!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    eldarbeast likes this.
  7. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

I think I just had a spasm...

eldarbeast, rowiebowie and histed like this.
  8. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    I just get a kick out of the idea that any one state feels like the other states are going to go bat crap crazy and just let anyone and their dog have a gun, then allow them to go visit, thereby endangering the citizens of the first state.

Yeah, the danger is not criminals in your cities, it's not gangs, it's not drug cartels....the REALLY scary thing is permitted carriers of guns from other states going on holiday in your state, slamming a few too many Yoo-Hoo's, and causing mayhem in the streets.:cool:

eldarbeast, SDProf and moona11 like this.
  9. histed

histed Supporting Member

The REALLY scary thing to many of them is their own citizens realizing that A) there are FREE states and B) this could be one of them

eldarbeast and moona11 like this.
  10. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

You know you here about all the violent crime in Ohio it makes you wonder if they are going to try and beat out IL.

11. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Leave Vermont out of this.

BTW, We already embrace National Reciprocity. Only we don't even care about the permit thing. Now if anyone was to go buck nutty with NR power, it would be the normally 2A repressed Ma, NY, Conn, RI & NJ residents that flock here by the thousands every weekend. Yet? Nothing ever happens.

12. hughewil

hughewil Member

sherrod brown is a piece of shit.

13. :D:stir: your wwwwweeeeeeeeeelllllllllccccccccccccooooooommmmmmeeeee!!!!

histed likes this.
  14. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

So what about SHOT2018? anybody heard anything about it.

Pistolkitty likes this.
  15. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

I've heard more about this new 17.5" no stamp required SBR AR than I have about Shot Show.

16. wganz

wganz Supporting Member

Write back and include a copy of his letter with "Law enforcement organizations have spoken out against" highlighted; and ask him for clarification to name these organizations.

eldarbeast, adam01364 and moona11 like this.
  17. eldarbeast

eldarbeast Supporting Member

No, no, no!
    For a politician, it's the fear of giving away their power to say NO! to the citizens they 'represent'...

eldar

histed and adam01364 like this.
  18. Hipointer

Hipointer Member

Right? These politicians don't give a damn about what we think....especially us gun owners.

19. Edknn

Edknn Supporting Member

Both of the Michigan senators (democrats) had pretty much the same response. I'm surprised they aren't concerned about honoring out of state drivers licenses.