Send in to mom?

Discussion in 'General Hi-Point Discussion' started by hypnodoc143, Jan 13, 2015.

1. hypnodoc143

hypnodoc143 Member

Hay guys I got a good question for you...I just bought another 995 from a guy that cut off the butt stock and fashioned his own out of stainless steel... It kind of looks like an artificial leg... How can I get mom to replace the stock? I can't say it was an accident, factory defect because it's obvious it was "cut off"... I bought it with the intentions of getting a new stock but a friend said I should just send it back... It ALSO has some feed/eject issues once in a while so it DOES need to be looked at anyway... What do you all think?

2. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

I'd say call Mom first thing in the morning..... Tell em the deal.... With the feed, eject issues to boot, they may want you to send it in....

3. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Was it a classic or a TS? Either way, worst case scenario is mom sells you a new TS stock for $40.

4. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

I sent a Camo 995 in to MoM in November with a cut off butt stock. Told MoM I bought it that way & wanted to give the gun to my son for Christmas. She replaced the stock with a new black stock & repaired & updated the whole gun.
    Came home looking liked NEW, FREE!!!

When talking to MoM, ALWAYS tell the TRUTH!

5. hypnodoc143

hypnodoc143 Member

Thanks for the advice guys. I'll call mom and just let her know I bought it like that. (I DID)... If mom wants to charge me for a new TS stock it'll be OK... The ftf and fte issues WILL have to be looked at by mom... I don't fix guns I just dress them up and shoot them... :D I'm going to take some pictures to show you what caught my interest when I saw this for sale... Maybe a before and after picture too when I get it back from mom... ;)

6. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Mom don't care if you're the first owner, or the fiftieth.... She seems to do good by everyone.

7. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Now we do want to see pictures of this crime against humanity before you send it in :D
    AK made out of a shovel anyone?

[​IMG]

8. hypnodoc143

hypnodoc143 Member

I think I'm loading a few pictures here but not sure I'm doing it right. The workmanship on the 2 stocks are very good. The guy I bought it from took pride in his work. The paint job he did was OK but I don't think he used the paint made for plastic. (Fusion??). The total length of the weapon when the mods are attached is within the "legal" limits.

Attached Files: