Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, she's an old beast. Has an "A" series serial number. Nothing really wrong with her, but the stock is cracked, just a little beat up, and missing some parts (front and rear sights, mag release button, sling bits, etc). Decided to send it in and see what the experience is like. In the meantime, I'm taking my concealed carry class this Saturday and I need to get some shooting done with my P11. I just added an ArmaLaser to it, so I need to sight that in as well. I like the idea of having a freakin' laser on my gun! Anyway, I plan on reporting here what happens.

Day 1 - Monday December 8 - 995 is en route, ETA Wednesday. Paid for signature confirmation so I'll know when they get it. USPS $12.20 with signature confirmation (no hassles there, despite many bad stories out there).

Will report more when I've got something to tell you. Wish me luck!

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bought it that way! Got a good deal, too... :devilsidesmile:

I've heard nothing but good things about their customer service (all of it here or by members here). Like I said, it shoots just fine, but why not have them go through it and see that everything is alright? The stock needs replacing and while I could do that no problem, I thought I'd go through the process and see how it shakes out. Also, if they throw in a free magazine, that'd be like buying one for $12.20, which is a good deal. If not, well, they've done the work on it, it gets a new stock and all new accessories, and my baby looks like a new gun. Either way I win.

·
You know who I am
9,324 Posts
Ah well there's nothing wrong with getting a good deal! Most people do advise that if you buy a new one you send it in to them first thing just to have them check things out. Seems like people tend to abuse these poor little firearms.

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay, update time:

Day 5 - I just got word from the USPS - Your item was delivered at 10:26 AM on December 12, 2008 in MANSFIELD, OH 44906. The item was signed for by K KRAETIG. They finally got it (two days later than expected, grrr).

So what's the over/under on repair and send back time? I'll guess that I get it back on Day 10, next Friday. Wait, do they use USPS or UPS? May take longer if it's mailed... :mad:

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Day 21 - Sunday December 28 - Nothing yet. No gun, no contact at all from HP. I'm assuming the holidays got in the way of rapid service, so I'm not worried or upset. My only question is if they have this week off or not? If not, then I could see my 995 soon; if they have it off, then I'm looking at at least 2 more weeks.

Slightly frustrated...

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
i found a 995 that had been in a house fire in the dump. i sent it in all melted up and totally destroyed and they sent me out a brand new lookin gun with all the goodies a new one has. it took them about 3 weeks .

G

·
They were down for the holidays. I emailed them last week about some missing parts and never got a response so I called the 800 # to see what the dealio was. Theyll be back Jan. 5th.

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Day 32 - Thursday January 8 - Got impatient and called the factory. Spoke to Chris, nice lady. My 995 is in shipping right now, estimated time of arrival is tomorrow!

She also mewntioned that they have a large amount of guns in the shop right now because of the holiday break, but many went out by FedEx yesterday.

I can't wait! I didn't ask what they did to it - I'd rather get one of those notes from the tech that did the work. I'm going out of town this weekend, but I may take the "new" 995 and some ammo and see if I can find a place to shoot. Anybody familiar with ranges in/near Wilmington, NC?

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Day 33 - Friday January 9 - 995 is delivered! Woot! Let's see here, on first glance, I notice TWO new mags. Pull out tech sheet to see what exactly was done... Well, they used the breech, extractors, frame, and trigger plate from the original gun, and replaced everything else with new! New barrel, sights, shroud, stock, assessories, etc, etc, etc...

Damn, Hi Point RAWKS!!!

Yeah, it took longer because of the holidays, but in the end I received a basically new gun with two mags for the cost original shipping - $12.20. How can you beat that?

I'll try and get pics before I leave for a weekend away, but it may have to wait till Sunday.

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here's some pics for you.

Let me recap the thread. I sent my A series 995 in for service just before the holidays, and 33 days later received a basically new gun and two new mags, all for the cost of shipping - $12.20.

As I received it - actually, I loaded the mags and installed the charging handle before the pic...

Note the footprint of the Fed Ex guy on the outer box; love them shippers!

About 15 minutes later, installed the scope mount and scope.

Well, that's it for now. I have my doubts about the rings supplied with the mount, but I won't know for sure until I shoot it some. Also, with the short eye relief of the scope, it's hard to get it back far enough. Again, need to shoot it to see how I feel about it.

G

·
Lookin good.

I contacted hi point today about some missing parts. Hopefully they get it to me by the end of the week.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts