Sent my Model C to MOM

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by superbeast1098, Sep 3, 2014.

1. superbeast1098

superbeast1098 Member

Just sent my old Model C to MOM for some repairs.

I bought the gun in 1996. A couple of months after I bought it, I dropped it a couple of times. After that, it sat in a drawer until Febuary 2013....

I gave the gun a good once over, and cleaning. I saw what looked like marks from the molding process on the frame.... The marks were under the barrel in front of the S/N plate.... I didnt think much of it.

Took the gun to the range a few times, putting about 500 rounds through it...

I went to clean it, and noticed the crack right where that mark was... Shooting the gun made the crack larger....

Even with the crack in the frame, the gun did not malfunction at all....

Hopefully, MOM will get it repaired and sent back pretty quickly. :)

2. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

Will be good as new!
    Was it a smooth slide or a textured slide?

3. superbeast1098

superbeast1098 Member

It was a smooth slide. Fixed sights, no LRHO or mag drop safety.....

4. MachoMelvin

Is yours a polymer or alloy frame? I have 4 model C's, yours is the one I don't have?

5. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

I have the polymer frame with smooth slide. :)

6. Gotta love that Hi-Point warranty - best in the business! :D

7. MachoMelvin

Here are 3 of my model C's, I have a Model "C" Compensator on the way, should be here Friday? NO Smooth Slide Yet!

Attached Files:

8. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Depending on the condition of the rest of it, they'll either A - toss your serial # on a new frame or B - toss your serial # on a new C-9.

I'm going with "B". Another Model C bites the dust.

9. superbeast1098

superbeast1098 Member

I really like my model C... I sent it in to MOM pretty much knowing that I would never see it again as it is.... Im figuring that they will pretty much do option B in Cicpups post. Slap my serial number on a new C9 and send it to me...

I hate to see it go, as it was the first gun that I ever bought, but Im glad that Hi Point is fantastic with their customer service and warranty...

10. superbeast1098

superbeast1098 Member

It is one of the first generation polymer frame.... If I remember correctly, Hi Point switched to polymer frames sometime in 1994 or 1995, and I bought that gun in early 1996.....

I read here about a month ago that you were looking for a smooth slide Model C. I would have offered to sell mine to you, but I didnt want to sell a gun that has a known issue... Especially when its something with the frame of the gun...

Last edited: Sep 3, 2014
  11. MachoMelvin

Thanks, I appreciate that. I will find a smooth slide. It's just around the corner, right behind the "JF" model I'm looking for???

12. superbeast1098

superbeast1098 Member

If I run across one, I will let you know..... :)

13. MachoMelvin

Thanks, Please do!

Last edited: Sep 3, 2014
  14. rbarna94

rbarna94 Member

Is this the one your looking for? ImageUploadedByHi-Point Forum1409799153.370835.jpg

15. MachoMelvin

Yes it is, but there are several of us looking for this very same gun!

16. superbeast1098

superbeast1098 Member

Here is my smooth slide Model C

Attached Files:

17. superbeast1098

superbeast1098 Member

I just got my gun back from MOM....

They put my serial number on to a brand new gun. I am quite pleased with their warranty service. The way Hi Point stands behind their products is very impressive.

I want to give a shout out to the Gunsmith at Hi Point named Jason who worked on my gun. Thank you for your work!!!

That service alone has earned them a customer for life... :D

18. desktopgrass

desktopgrass Member

I have an old c9 as pictured above. It needs to go back for warranty work. The feed ramp has a dent in it where the round first meets the ramp.

Should I send it to MOM for work or is it a gun people are looking for? It is in rough shape.

Any advice is appreciated.

19. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Rollmark say "C-9" or "Model C"? Slide finish smooth or textured? If C-9 & textured then send it in. Model C or smooth finish you might find a buyer.

20. superbeast1098

superbeast1098 Member

Mine had "Model C" on the slide and had the smooth finish... I would have put it up for sale, but it had the crack on the frame... Didnt want to sell it on that condition...

As stated before, I sent it to MOM, and they sent a brand new gun...

Just got back from the range with it... Put about 175 rounds through it... It didnt like the Tulammo BrassMaxx ammo.... That gave the most issues... It didnt care for Federal Champion either.... Those 2 brands are known to be weak loaded....

I had no issues with WWB or PMC...

I did get a couple of issues with the slide not wanting to chamber the first round though... I might have to tweak the mag lips, but Im gonna get the gun broken in first.....