Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
I hear they tried to plan a HUGE national disaster preparedness event last year but all hell broke loose it was complete chaos

:p

G

·
I was up in Cinnci a few weeks back and the mayor issued a notice that each family should have emergency gear and disaster supplies in their home because it was NPM.

He was flamed as a "sky is falling nut".

Last weekend they had a hurricane come through that knocked out power in a 50 mile circle for an entire week! :oops:

Was everyone ready?

Apparently, no one but the mayor.

G

·
This goes along with that...

I tried to post this as a new topic...but haven't been able to. But it goes along with this thread, anyway.

Call me a conspiracy theorist. But I've heard this one from several who are NOT conspiracy minded. I didn't believe what you're about to read either - until I saw it start to unfold before our eyes the weekend of September 15th when the stock market went into crisis.

Back in July, a relative sent me a link to a website that layed out a national forecast that included an economic crash of Wall street around September 15th, 2008. The forecast went on to claim that as a result, in early '09 our government would lock up and fold in on itself as well. Supposedly, eventually this will lead to the merging of the USA with Canada and Mexico. The new Union (North American Union) will spawn a new North American currency called the "Amero." It will supposedly replace the dollar.

I didn't believe this "wild theory" until I woke up the morning of September 15th and Wall Street was floundering. I remembered my relatives e-mail predicting this and started to look more seriously at it.

According to this (planned?) "forecast", the next steps in this domino effect are not pretty. If this "forecast" was right we're in for a bumpy next year, folks. It's a time to make sure you've got plenty of what you need on hand.

Those in my family who are in law enforcement have said that in the even that this happens, here's what you need:

If and when this teetering economy completely crashes, we'll likely see food shortages. We'll see a run on the stores too. If things get bad enough with this scenario, theft and looting will obviously ensue.

Not only will food and water be at a premium, but guns and ammo to protect those items in our homes will also be at a premium. Gun prices will go way up as demand does. Ammo will get expensive as well. This is assuming that you can even buy them at all because of any martial law imposed.

Those in my family who belong to law enforcement tell me that you need to own a gun NOW. In the even that this does happen, you'll need a gun or guns to protect your family, food and property. Tell your relatives to buy weapons NOW. If they call you a fruit, then go buy a gun FOR them. And when the fit hits the shan...hand it to them and tell them "you're welcome."

Also...stock up on ammo NOW. Just buy an extra box each time you go to the range or gun shop and tuck it away for a rainy day. Slow and steady. Same with food. Just a little extra each time you shop. Be stock piling water, rice and other dry and non perishable staples.

Some who are apparently in "the Know" warn that this economic crisis (which was possibly actually planned) is only going to worsen. They say that a complete failure of our government is also planned sometime in the first quarter of '09. This would bring about the merging of our three nations economically, if not geographically and governmentally.

Who knows? The forecast I saw (months in advance) accurately signaling the crash in mid-September could have just been a coincidence. But in the even that it was right and things are about to get worse, you're better off safer than sorry. Good luck and God speed.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Re: This goes along with that...

I tried to post this as a new topic...but haven't been able to. But it goes along with this thread, anyway.

Call me a conspiracy theorist. But I've heard this one from several who are NOT conspiracy minded. I didn't believe what you're about to read either - until I saw it start to unfold before our eyes the weekend of September 15th when the stock market went into crisis.

Back in July, a relative sent me a link to a website that layed out a national forecast that included an economic crash of Wall street around September 15th, 2008. The forecast went on to claim that as a result, in early '09 our government would lock up and fold in on itself as well. Supposedly, eventually this will lead to the merging of the USA with Canada and Mexico. The new Union (North American Union) will spawn a new North American currency called the "Amero." It will supposedly replace the dollar.

I didn't believe this "wild theory" until I woke up the morning of September 15th and Wall Street was floundering. I remembered my relatives e-mail predicting this and started to look more seriously at it.

According to this (planned?) "forecast", the next steps in this domino effect are not pretty. If this "forecast" was right we're in for a bumpy next year, folks. It's a time to make sure you've got plenty of what you need on hand.

Those in my family who are in law enforcement have said that in the even that this happens, here's what you need:

If and when this teetering economy completely crashes, we'll likely see food shortages. We'll see a run on the stores too. If things get bad enough with this scenario, theft and looting will obviously ensue.

Not only will food and water be at a premium, but guns and ammo to protect those items in our homes will also be at a premium. Gun prices will go way up as demand does. Ammo will get expensive as well. This is assuming that you can even buy them at all because of any martial law imposed.

Those in my family who belong to law enforcement tell me that you need to own a gun NOW. In the even that this does happen, you'll need a gun or guns to protect your family, food and property. Tell your relatives to buy weapons NOW. If they call you a fruit, then go buy a gun FOR them. And when the fit hits the shan...hand it to them and tell them "you're welcome."

Also...stock up on ammo NOW. Just buy an extra box each time you go to the range or gun shop and tuck it away for a rainy day. Slow and steady. Same with food. Just a little extra each time you shop. Be stock piling water, rice and other dry and non perishable staples.

Some who are apparently in "the Know" warn that this economic crisis (which was possibly actually planned) is only going to worsen. They say that a complete failure of our government is also planned sometime in the first quarter of '09. This would bring about the merging of our three nations economically, if not geographically and governmentally.

Who knows? The forecast I saw (months in advance) accurately signaling the crash in mid-September could have just been a coincidence. But in the even that it was right and things are about to get worse, you're better off safer than sorry. Good luck and God speed.
My church has always had a stance of "Be prepared for emergencies, stock up on food, water, medicine etc". Always paired with that message is "This is not intended to be a prediction of doom and gloom, it is just a sound way to live".

I'm glad that your friend's message has you ready to be prepared for emergencies. If that is what it takes, than I'm glad you had a wake up call.

As for me, I'll be prepared for the worst, not because I believe the world is soon to collapse, but because I believe that bad stuff happens every so often. If your friends and family will reject a message of "Oh crap, the end is coming", give them a message of "Layoffs happen, depressions happen, natural disasters happen, be prepared for all of it, you can do so cheaply"

·
Registered
534 Posts
I normally stock up stuff anyway, but thanks for the info. I also agree with Z that every month should be preparedness month. Remain diligent in your preparations and nothing will surprise you. :wink:

G

·
I was up in Cinnci a few weeks back and the mayor issued a notice that each family should have emergency gear and disaster supplies in their home because it was NPM.

Last weekend they had a hurricane come through that knocked out power in a 50 mile circle for an entire week! :oops:

Was everyone ready?

Cincinnati OH had a hurricane that knocked power out for a week??

·
Banned
1,409 Posts
Wouldn't surprise me too much. I could be better prepared than I am but I know I am in better shape than most.

Somethings folks don't always think of for emergency preps: Plywood!!! enough to cover 1rst floor windows/doors to help secure your property. For those of us that were or are in the military and have been to Europe they have items called "rolleadens (sp?). Basically they are a metal cover for windows that roll down like a security gate at a store, only they block out all light. I'd love to have those here.

·
Registered
870 Posts

Was everyone ready?

Cincinnati OH had a hurricane that knocked power out for a week??
Yes sir, Ike, after coming on land, moved to and up the Mississippi river and then curved and moved up the Ohio river.

Old timers on the Mississippi river said it was the first time the old river ever flowed backwards! Those are strong winds!

·
Banned
19,442 Posts
nope. in 1812 when the new madrid fault cut loose the river flower backwards for a short time as well. but most of todays old timers wouldnt remember that far back.

SW

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Fourboxes said:

Still got that link? I'd like to see what's going to happen/when/how.

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
nope. in 1812 when the new madrid fault cut loose the river flower backwards for a short time as well.
SW
ding ding ding!!! correct answer. this series of earthquakes (i believe over 3 days) created Reelfoot Lake, a low spot that the MS had to go back and fill in. When it cuts loose again it will make PRK quakes look paltry. The only reason people weren't hurt or killed is because it was so sparsely populated. Sand geysers, rivers and streams filling with silt, and according to the few recorded eyewitnesses, visible 2-3 foot waves rolling across the Delta. That fault ends near Marked Tree, AR, near my favorite place to gar fish on the St. Francis R. We had a mild earthquake near Heber Springs yesterday or day before.

The fault will give way again. This is why I keep preps.

ETA: i skipped the long quote, but I thought ammo was already at a premium!!!!

I doubt the river flowed backwards because of Ike, though. it may have looked like it on top because of the strong winds. The AR river looked just like that when it and Gustav came through. Very weird looking.

·
Banned
4,094 Posts
The New Madrid quakes in 1812 was so powerfull they actually range the church bells in Boston I believe there were 6 to 10 known killed in the series.

·
Registered
506 Posts

RECOIL said:

You can call me a conspiracy theorist as well. Everything you say is true. I believe it whole heartedly. I am preparing. I ordered more food storage buckets this week.

http://www.emergencyessentials.com/
thats a good site.

I'm doing basic dietary needs. Rice and pinto beans covers carbohydrate and protein requirements. I already have 100 lbs rice, 50lbs beans, 25 lbs sugar, lots of instant coffee, canned chicken, yeast and other things. I'm purchasing more now. Good enough for 3-4 months if I stick to 1000 calories a day.

I'm also stocking up on ammo and firearms. Thats why I'm looking at those wasrs and SKS's. I've got a sidearm, and a shotgun, now I need a defense rifle and a reliable hunting rifle. I also bought a motorcycle as my get the hell outta dodge ride for when SHTF.

The North American Union is real folks. Bill O'Rielly, Glen Beck and Ron Paul all agree on that. Anyone who lives in texas will tell you about the trans texas corridor that they are pushing for. Its part of a super highway to link Mexico, USA, and Canada. IF you tell me I'm crazy, just look at the European Union. It happened there, It could happen here.

NAFTA is all a part of it. For those of you that don't know. The NAFTA agreement is 20,000 pages long. I repeat, 20,000 pages long. I wonder whats in all those pages......

My family thinks I'm a modern day doomsayer, but I'd rather be crazy and prepared than optimistic and SOL.

For anyone interested in connecting the dots on what I'm talking about go here and just watch em in order.

www.trueworldhistory.info

The videos on banking are the best.

Heres what Thomas Jefferson had to say about banks.
"Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies. "

If I'm breaking some sort of user rules please lemme know. And I'm sorry if I trouble or offend anyone.

·
Banned
4,094 Posts
devilsjackpot Just be careful what you post or say to folks about your preps. The less ANYONE knows the better off YOU are :wink:. Keep preppin and keep yer powder dry.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I'm not tellin anyone I know locally. That just creates a problem. But if any of you folks need a hot meal in St. Louis after SHTF track me down.

G

·
Amen

Good advice. I'll not be telling anyone locally. I don't mind telling folks anonymously on this board, though. It's good to have support community here.

G

·

[quote

Still got that link? I'd like to see what's going to happen/when/how.[/quote]

I actually went back tonight and searched through my deleted e-mails to find the link. I found it, clicked on it...it's now disabled.

Wonder why. :evil:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts