Serial Numbers and Tin Foil Hats

Discussion in 'General Hi-Point Discussion' started by FalconLDO, Nov 14, 2017 at 1:10 PM.

1. FalconLDO

FalconLDO New Member

At the risk of being accused of paranoia, WHY does Hi-point seem to be so obsessed with knowing the serial number of my carbine? I found that upon checkout I was required to provide the serial number... yet no Items in my order were serial number specific. WHY are they so obsessed with knowing the serial number?

2. Its so they can verify how old the carbine is, and how thorough the rebuild should be, if needed. Or if theres any parts that needs updating.
    Things like LRBHO, Receiver cover bolts, magazines, barrel shroud if Classic, and sight parts. My 995B has no LRBHO device, and the old nuts n bolts cover retention, snd a set of irons set aside should I decide to revert from the Primary arms 1-4x scope on the steel Weaver base.

FalconLDO, adam01364 and lklawson like this.

3. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

There's at least 4 different versions of the 995 alone. Also keeps dishonest people from repeatedly asking for free parts.

duster066 likes this.
  4. duster066

duster066 Supporting Member

SOP in any repair work. That S/N tells the shop EXACTLY what your gun is. Try working in any form of machine repair by ignoring serial numbers. You can't, not and be any good.

eldarbeast and lklawson like this.
  5. 2012gt

2012gt Well-Known Member

Because they're helping big brother build a weapons registry. Might as well go ahead and turn it in now.

6. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

Don't promote hysteria. Too many have it already. o_O

planosteve and FalconLDO like this.
  7. 2012gt

2012gt Well-Known Member

I'm just trying to get a "like" from cicpup. That's all I want for Christmas.

planosteve and SDProf like this.
  8. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

Don't wish for much do you. :D

planosteve likes this.
  9. FalconLDO

FalconLDO New Member

LOL ... What a great forum... equal parts logic, Information and insanity! Thanks to all for the responses. I suppose that I am a little "Tin-hattish" but I come by it honestly... 23 years as a Naval Officer showed me the dirty underbelly of governments. But 2012GT MUST be right... Ford men are incapable of lying... ;)

duster066 and TNTRAILERTRASH like this.
  10. Mole doesn't come around here much any more. We are looking for a new Alumin-notty director. I can't take it. I am busy enough as the assistant.

11. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

ND
    I thought Cleitus got the job???

12. You guys were mean to him

13. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

ND
    No it could of been worse. We are just concerned about him

TNTRAILERTRASH likes this.
  14. missiledefender

missiledefender Well-Known Member

Alaska
    I'm sure it's for their own tracking purposes. I doubt it's for Big Brother. HOWEVER, when they come for them, give it to them.

One round at a time.

15. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Now I know you're kidding. We treated him like he was "special". Because we're pretty sure he is.

eldarbeast likes this.
  16. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Crap an O, I was just a PO1 when I got out.

17. planosteve

Shit, I have fried too many brain cells, I just saw the LDO. You are now cool.

FalconLDO likes this.
  18. eldarbeast

eldarbeast Supporting Member

Didn't you mean " spatial"...

Helpful eldar

19. FalconLDO

FalconLDO New Member

Good eye... E1 to E8 then 01E to O4E... what a long strange trip it was! <G>

20. planosteve

I should of stayed in. I made E6 in 7 and got out after 10. Could of retired at 39.