Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone every tried to clean 3", and yes I do mean 3 INCHES of cosmoline out of a Steyr M95? I tore that thing down earlier and I just now got finished and showered. It took me over 3 hours to clean that thing, and then I bloodied my right index finger and left thumb trying to get that damn bolt back in place. Holy friggin' crap that was the worst time with a rifle, much less a C&R I've ever had in my life.

Damn Germans.

·
Banned
2,493 Posts
really, nobody knows this one, ok here goes. with the bolt head already extended from the bolt body, take a dime and lay it in the space between the bolt head and the bolt body and this will keep the bolt head from retracting into the bolt body, thus meaning you won't have to manually extend it to get it back into the rifle. and you probably thought I made that crap up didn't you?

Once the gun is cocked, the bolt head is in the extended position, a dime fits perfectly into the space between the bolt head and the bolt body. Just rack the bolt and don't pull the trigger before you attempt to release the bolt from the receiver and you should be fine.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for that tidbit of insight, I'll definately remember that one. Bloody fingers really hack me off.

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
Thanks for that tidbit of insight, I'll definitely remember that one. Bloody fingers really hack me off.
As long as you don't get hacked off bloody fingers you should be fine... :cantlook:

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for that tidbit of insight, I'll definitely remember that one. Bloody fingers really hack me off.
As long as you don't get hacked off bloody fingers you should be fine... :cantlook:
LMFAO!!! WTF?! :p

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
LMFAO!!! WTF?! :p
Yeah I dunno what happened, a scrambled version of what you said popped into my mind and I had to say it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.