Serious question, Mag falling out.

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by dankd, Jul 4, 2015.

1. dankd

dankd Member

It is not my grip the mag is falling out after about 4 rounds,
    ive had 6 other people shoot the gun today with same result. what is the issue, what can i do to fix it. what part is broke. please get back to me guys, i love my hipoint, after about 400 rounds, it started its mag slipping any ideas please just help.

2. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    I'm guessing it's a cf-380 or a c-9.Under the right grip is a little "L" shaped piece of wire. This is the mag release tension spring. Give it a little bend to add more tension. It's a trial & error thing so play with it till you're happy.

3. dankd

dankd Member

Ok, roger that.
    question is, which way to i bend that rod? out of about 300 rounds today, it shot clean about 6 mags. heres a video of it doing good.
    [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B15zqPJlp8k[/ame]

4. dankd

dankd Member

Please help, witch way should i bend the little rod,

Also how come it shot clean in this video but 85% of the time it now does this mag falling out ****.:foilhat:

5. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

it knew the camera was rolling......

6. Earnshaw

Earnshaw Member

Bend it away from the L not into it if that makes any sense. This works sometime and sometime for only awhile. Call mom for a new mag catch ass'y that will be in your mailbox in a few days if this fix doesn't get you set.

7. dankd

dankd Member

whos Mom?
    Ok I will attach 2 pics with questions,
    first, with the pic of the pin, up or down to fix it.

2nd,,,
    im having a hard core failure to load with the last 2 or 4 rounds, its weird. and looks like this pic . My art skills are not the best but her goes nothing.

ANy help, thank you.

Attached Files:

8. dankd

dankd Member

it pushes the bullets vertical like in the pics, like 8 / 10 times i shoot it.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
  9. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    There's the problem...that isn't a Hi Point!:D

But seriously...

Do you load with the slide closed, or open? It looks like your mag isn't seating fully, which would allow it to drop, and lead to nose up jams.

Maybe try loading a few less than max, and load the mag with the slide locked back?

10. dankd

dankd Member

the thing is. it will do it no matter how many i put in the mag. i cant put 4 i can put 2 it will jam and the bullet will go in the up position every time, the yellow lines in my pic are bullets.. lol those 2 the one slanted and vertical are how they jam when they do.

11. slade601

slade601 Member

It hasnt been asked and I didn't watch the video. Is it doing this with only one mag or all. If former then something could be off on the mag catch.

12. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

Are the vertically caught casings spent or unspent casings?

If it is a spent casing that resembles a 'chimney', then that is a 'failure to eject stovepipe' which is over 90% caused by not having a firm enough grip on the pistol when fired. (limp wristing)

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJM1BDMjge4[/ame]

If it is an unspent casing that is vertical, then that is a severe case of 'failure to feed', which I've never actually seen a casing that fully missed the chamber when feeding.... :confused:

13. dankd

dankd Member

hey.
    heres a video on what i think the problem might be,
    also yes, its unspent bullets thatfeed that way
    [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBHhp9XDOaw[/ame]

14. dankd

dankd Member

anyone??? the problem is the mag isnt going in all the way, thats the exact problem now whats causing it, thats why im having problems with feeding., and everything .

15. Both my CF380's have the same play with 8 round mags (2 different guns - 2 different mags). Pretty sure that isn't your issue since both of my 380's work fine this way.

Have you changed anything on the gun?

16. dankd

dankd Member

Ok, well. I called Hipoint, and theyre sending me the mag, release assembly.
    for some reason i dont think that will fix it., but i sure as heck hope so. the only other issue i have is the failure to feed on, the unspent shells

17. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    So after watching the video...your user name isn't just a user name, is it.:cool:

18. dankd

dankd Member

Yeah, I had to use my full name for youtube, I am a sponsored pilot for compass models, I.E radio controlled helis.