Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just took my new 995ts to the range yesterday and fired about 300rnds of ammo....i gotta say i was down right amazed how accurate this thing is and how easy to shoot. i barley had to make any adjustments to the sights at 50 yrds and it was dead center...after the first 50 rounds to get acclimated to the functionality of the weapon i was glad there were metal gongs behind the target cause the middle off it was removed by my expert hand lol. seriously though...my buddy has an MP5 and was not happy after comparing targets.the only downside is the mag capacity. cleaning was simple too...firing standard police issue fmj the rifle was suprisingly pretty clean,and aside from swabbing the bore, a quick wipe down and light lube were all that was required. this little carbine ran through C.Q.B. drills with astonishing results...was gonna put a cheap red dot on it but i think im gonna put a nice quality one on it now after seeing how well this thing shoots....this thing left alot of imaginary bad guys with vented crainiums lol. this thing is one of the most fun rifles i own,and i own a good collection to include a LWRC M6, M21, and a national match M1Garand. the only rifle i have thats more fun to shoot is my Smith and Wesson M&P 15-22 and thats only because of mag capacity. im a high point customer for life!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
i just took my new 995ts to the range yesterday and fired about 300rnds of ammo....i gotta say i was down right amazed how accurate this thing is and how easy to shoot. i barley had to make any adjustments to the sights at 50 yrds and it was dead center...after the first 50 rounds to get acclimated to the functionality of the weapon i was glad there were metal gongs behind the target cause the middle off it was removed by my expert hand lol. seriously though...my buddy has an MP5 and was not happy after comparing targets.the only downside is the mag capacity. cleaning was simple too...firing standard police issue fmj the rifle was suprisingly pretty clean,and aside from swabbing the bore, a quick wipe down and light lube were all that was required. this little carbine ran through C.Q.B. drills with astonishing results...was gonna put a cheap red dot on it but i think im gonna put a nice quality one on it now after seeing how well this thing shoots....this thing left alot of imaginary bad guys with vented crainiums lol. this thing is one of the most fun rifles i own,and i own a good collection to include a LWRC M6, M21, and a national match M1Garand. the only rifle i have thats more fun to shoot is my Smith and Wesson M&P 15-22 and thats only because of mag capacity. im a high point customer for life!!!!
:welcome:

To the Hi Point Hooked 4 Life Fan Club !! and :welcome: To the Forum as well !!

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
i too am stunned at how accurate my new-to-me carbine is, always nice to hear of another happy owner. welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys for the welcome....just a heads up...i did a run and gun course with it, and out shot my buddies MP5 which as you know is priced way more. this hi-point is definitely a new favorite of mine....as a former Marine i go for accuracy and reliability above all else. this 995ts would fit right in with the Marines. in my opinion its an outstanding carbine..put 1000 rounds through it in the three weeks ive owned it. not one single failure to fire,heat dissipation was first rate,and it ran through all the courses without a single problem....and trust me it saw its share of dirt and grime. another nice fact was that other departments that participated in the run and gun began to fall in love with the 995 also....the cops really were impressed, sadly my stag model 8, and my fulton armory m14 sat in their cases the whole day. i didnt even think about firing them,was having to much fun.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
My 995ts is one of the most fun, best weapons I have bought in a long time. My wife, son, and brother like to shoot it so much I am going to go in the poor house due to ammo cost lol.

·
Premium Member
10,285 Posts
Welcome to the forum. :welcome:

Sidenote:
HiPoint are you reading these praises from new owners? How about those hicap mags you are suppose to have been working on?

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Welcome to the forum. :welcome:

Sidenote:
HiPoint are you reading these praises from new owners? How about those hicap mags you are suppose to have been working on?
I think I'm going to bite the bullet, and risk getting one of the ProMags. I took a guy from work shooting yesterday and I still can't get over how well the 995 shoots (especially with the TS stock I just put on it). It only makes me sad to change mags after every 10 shots, but I guess that's just one way of me keeping ammo costs down. :D

·
Premium Member
2,123 Posts
And I find that the recoil of the 995 is just a bit more than the 15-22 (but a lot less than my AR15.)

When I have friends shooting with me, for cost sake, I hope they choose to shoot the 15-22 more....

That way I get to shoot the 995 more (especialy since I'm paying for the ammo....)

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
I think I'm going to bite the bullet, and risk getting one of the ProMags. I took a guy from work shooting yesterday and I still can't get over how well the 995 shoots (especially with the TS stock I just put on it). It only makes me sad to change mags after every 10 shots, but I guess that's just one way of me keeping ammo costs down. :D
Check out the Pro-Mag "sticky" on this forum for what to look for when purchasing one of those magazines.

http://www.hipointfirearmsforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=282473

I went to Cabela's to get mine so that I could inspect them before purchasing. I have three and they all work perfectly. I load them with a Uplula (also available at Cabela's) and make sure that the first round is fully locked into the upright position in the feed lips. I've got close to 1,000 rounds between them.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I also am Impressed with mine 4095ts had it 30day never used it i got the 4th off called up buddy we took it out flawless used 3 differt brand shells it did just fine with all . 20 min later to make long story short one person there said there junk i got a friend who has one they hate's theres so I said give him new price cash rite now put up or shut up now cant rember freinds name ( Have found out the trash talk comming from people who have never owend or shot one ) I am Picky [email protected]# hole. and am 100% happy with mine .

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
The 995 is fun to shoot and truthfully the 10 round magazines arent a big deal.It saves me some money and stretches out my shooting a bit.Thats being said i will buy a couple higher capacity mags if/when they become available. Ive tried promags with my auto ordnance M1 carbine and though they work they are definately not as good as the ones that came with the M1 so not gonna buy any for the 995.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts