Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· AK = Automatic Killer!?!
3,545 Posts
I'm not cheap, thrifty, but not cheap!!!

I passed on the 5.7, had a PSA one in my cart and passed. Then had an FN version in my hand for a long time at a gunshow, decided not to... every time it was due to ammo prices. If I can't afford to shoot it, it's no good to me.

That being said, if your looking 308 also that is running 80 cents a round to $1.00 a round for the 5.7. Both are gonna cost ya and if you can stomach the extra 20 cents a shot, go for it.

Really depends on which one you will use more.

EDIT:

Just went and looked again... I hate you...

Great deal... $599 with 10 mags and optic ready 5.7 Rock with threaded barrel and case...

• Haha
Reactions: lklawson

3,545 Posts

3,545 Posts
I decided to buy it. Checked out and paid, being delivered to a local FFL I like.

Now all I need is ammo, a holster, and an RDS and I'll be ready for the mall. :)

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
Great to hear!! Yeah, the deal was a good one, too good to pass up in my opinion.

3,545 Posts
I decided to buy it. Checked out and paid, being delivered to a local FFL I like.

Now all I need is ammo, a holster, and an RDS and I'll be ready for the mall. :)

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
Pick her up yet? You decide on optic?

Been busy with Florida house stuff so haven't even shot mine... great having someone else doing legwork lol.

3,545 Posts
I don't think it's shipped yet. I'll have to check with the LGS. Normally, they call me when stuff comes in.

As for optics, I'm unsure. I like the Sig on my Mossy but I keep hearing good things about Swampfox and I think one of those will fit.

Of course I don't have any ammo yet either. :p

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
Man, PSA slacking... Yeah it is cut for shield (aka your mini sig). Swamp fox and Holosun (407/507) should fit too from what I have read, just don't have an extra of those sitting around lol. Or you could just buy a Shield sight... but they are pricey...

It does come with an RMR and Doctor plate but that is going to raise your red dot higher, meaning you will need suppressor height sights to co-witness.

Font Parallel Circle Screenshot Electric blue

Red won't work, but DPP can get expensive.
Blue are the ones I am considering.
Black is a maybe - read some decent things on it.

Just an FYI - SigRomeoZero has a pro model with a circle/dot. I picked one up cheap a few months back, I may just use that on it. Right now it is on a different gun with an adapter plate rmr to rmsc, would be nice to ditch that plate and put it on the 5.7 Rock. Can always pick up a cheapish RMR for the other one.

Pretty sure I posted this link before but this is a great sight for mini red dot optic cuts/dimensions etc.

• Helpful
Reactions: ajole and lklawson

3,545 Posts
Well since I'm part of the cool kids too...

I really like the 3moa Vortex Venom I have on the G20, and I also had the opportunity to shoot the heck out of the Viper as well. The Viper is made for pistols. Thinner, lower profile, bigger dot, etc but the battery cover is underneath. So you have to take it off the pistol to change it. That's why I went with the Venom. The Venom's battery is right on top. I read a bunch of issues about the battery cover, but I guess I got a good one or applied some sort of mechanical wizardry because the cover was not an issue at all.
I have a 6moa Venom, I know the Viper was 'supposedly" made more for pistols but I hate the rear locking screws, PITA if you have a co-witnessed rear sight.

To me the Venom IS the choice for pistols, especially with the 6 moa dot version. The viper is perfect for a 45 deg offset back up sight, it's not a primary so no big deal pulling it off to change the battery and its small so doesn't add a lot of weight to your AR.

It's not always the smallest sight that is best on a pistol my 34 has a monster on there but it's a nice big sight picture with a 3 moa dot. This pistol isn't made for SD per se but I still love it. That is a Bushnell First Strike 2.0 Reflex Sight.

Trigger Gun barrel Sleeve Air gun Gun accessory

Reactions: undeRGRound

3,545 Posts
I just put the basic Sig Romoeo zero on my P365, it was $120 at Sportsmans Warehouse. It's all polymer. They have a lot of RDS's on sale right now.

I ordered a Swampfox Justice for the XDM, about $200, I was looking at Holosun solar, but the were at least $80 more, and I can buy a lot of batteries for that.
Yeah, they are giving those away at the moment. Thinking maybe a new model coming out? I go one (odg version) with a grip module (also odg) for my 365x. Think I got it for $79 + shipping.

If yours didnt come with it get the steel shield - makes it way more durable.

Reactions: ajole

3,545 Posts
Yeah a Circle dot wit
I agree that the NUWA Pro sounds very interesting. I might go ahead and get that one based on some of the reviews I've seen.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
Yeah, a circle dot with that small footprint for $100ish is very tempting to try...

3,545 Posts
Cool Setup, I have a G34 with only a mod or 2, wondering if you'd do a post on that or at least talk about it! I'm wanting to add a threaded barrel at least, and likely an rds with one of them dovetail thingys 🤩
No problem Mole!!

OK so things I modified.

1. Slide is a Zev, KC Eusebio limited. Cut specifically for Bushnell First Strike (BFS) 2.0 Red Dot.
2. Apex Trigger/bar/connector/FP Safety.
3. Blacklist Magwell

Otherwise it is stock :p

Do me a favor, you can use that dovetail thingy OR send your OEM slide to Lonewolf - every Christmas they have a 50% off optics cut machining. Usually $120 ish so $60.00 plus shipping there (they pay return shipping) Get an RMR cut and call it a day!!!

Those dovetail mounts cost $50.00 ish at least and getting your slide milled is just better. Don't pay for re-coating the machined section, you just gonna cover it with an optic or cover plate anyways.

Reactions: undeRGRound

3,545 Posts
I considered doing the RMR cut myself but I didn't have a backup slide in case I fudged it.

Edit: I still want to do the long-slide and barrel conversion then buy an 80% and build a "ghost" frame
It's cheap enough to send out and get done when they are on sale. RMR seems like the easiest cut though.

As for the 80% you can still get for now, just need to but the 80% frame at one store and the jig at another... pain in the arse but it is a work around for now.

Definitely a fun and rewarding thing to do. Slide wise Hooper gun works makes some real nice slides, and Zaffiri Precision (when on sale) otherwise just go with a P80builder one. I have tried a few and those are the best bang for your buck.

You can literally spend $150 to $500+ on a slide alone easy...

3,545 Posts
True, but I'm a tinkerer. I love being able to say, "yeah. I made that." I've done lots of long slide conversion research and hunting, it's just a matter of having the money available AND not having some random BS pop up to take it away.
I definitely get that. I think 1/2 the weapons I have built was because I wanted to try this n that, tinkering is half the fun!!

Main reason I got into the 80% game (pistol and AR).

AKs, love doing conversions on those like adding bullet guides etc.

3,545 Posts
So my Kydex for the PSA 5.7 Rock came in yesterday. I like it. It dry-fits well and rides high enough that an untucked covering garment will hide the full-sized Rock.

More details (and probably pics) in another thread.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
Awesome Kirk!! Yeah I haven't done anything but shoot it stock... still deciding on optic and haven't even considered a holster yet...

Can't wait to see pics with the optic (ade) and holster you chose!!

3,545 Posts
After 14 days of waiting for the distributor, Sportswarehouse, to deliver the item to the carrier, I canceled the order. I had used Amazon. I think Sportswarehouse is the official U.S. distributor for ADE but I'm looking around at other options.

If I can't find a good option for the ADE NUWA I might give up and go with something else such as the Romeo ZERO. I guess we'll see what I can find. :)

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Where I get mine Kirk, I just got the Trumpet (Trump) optic today in the mail. It's for my Gold slide G19 clone lol.

Anyway, it is in stock, free shipping and I believe no tax. for $101 and change

3,545 Posts
I have the Swampfox Justice green dot on the XDM. About $200 on Amazon.
So far, so good.
I looked at the Holosun, mostly for the solar backup, and just decided that I could buy a lot of batteries for the cost difference.
Nothing wrong with Swampfox.

Pistol optics wise I have quite a few...

Trijicon (2 different models)
Delta Point Pro
Holosun (3 different models)
Burris FF
Vortex Venom
Sig Romeo zero and 1
Swampfox (4 different models)
Sightmark mini shot M-spec
Viridian(2 different models)
Crimson Trace Rad Micro
Riton (2 different models)
SOUSA
ADE (2 different models)

Damn that's a lot of brands...

But they are definetly smack dab in the middle of the pack in my opinion. If you take into account warranty there are only 5... Vortex, Holosun, Trijicon, Burris and Swampfox. That is some pretty good company if you ask me.

While the others state "lifetime warranty" it is never for their micro red dot series... most are 1-3 years... for the "electronics" portion while glass and housing are "lifetime"... The ones I mentioned above are lifetime no questions asked, or I am 99% sure they are lol

3,545 Posts
So the NUWA green dot came in yesterday. ...twice.

Yes, for some reason, their order fulfillment messed up and sent me two separate packages with the reflex sight in it. I'm trying to contact the seller to return the extra. I left them a voicemail yesterday and sent them a fleebay PM this morning. We'll see if they eventually get back to me.

I haven't mounted the dot yet. I went to teach Judo instead. I was planning on doing it after I got back but the kids wanted pizza so daughter and I went out to carry out and then I fell asleep on the couch after dinner. I hadn't planned to (I was going to mount the dot then watch the Walking Dead finale). But I dozed off then woke up at 11:00, then went to bed. :p

Oh well. Probably tonight. I'll mount it and bore-sight a zero. Hopefully range tomorrow to confirm zero.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
I missed walking dead too... haven't watched it much the last few years, but I did watch it religiously until a few years ago. So I had to watch the final episodes.

Let me know how that works. Still have not got an optic yet for the 57.

I've been getting a few hours sleep a night with the heater out and keeping the fire going in the wood stove... going to pick a contractor today and install Tuesday after Thanksgiving... so I have a week left of being exhausted.

These units are more expensive than I remember... 6-7k for a 5 ton geo-thermal heat pump then another 5k to install... and that is with the tax credits.,, total without the credits is 15-18k range... one guy actually gave me a quote for 28k... I laughed, he said they do financing... I laughed more...

3,545 Posts

3,545 Posts
Preying on the elderly

That guy is a P.O.S. for sure!

The ground loop is dead simple, just a lot of digging, but I'm curious as to the price of the inside unit.
Open loop, uses my well pump. Inside unit is 7-8k (from doing searches online) and I figure their markup plus installation. It is a split unit so pad outside and electrical disconnects etc. The infrastructure is there from last unit.

So $17k was the one I went with. $5600 in Joe Biden Tax Credits from the inflation reduction act... that brings the price down to $11,500. Then I get $1,000 from Met-Ed for putting in a high seer system, down to $10,500. Minus the cost of the unit with markup, going to assume 9k so that leaves $1500 for install. yeah I know they are basically getting my Biden money too, I just get it back... so 7k install cost...

Is it me or does that sound high?

Funny part is this was the cheapest deal... and I went to 4 different companies.

3,545 Posts
I got the NUWA installed and bore-sighted last night. Then I did some dry work. I'm kinda second guessing my choice of the circle-and-crosshair reticle. I can learn it and make it work but after the dry practice last night I think I kinda like a simple dot better.

I have a few other observations (nearly complaints) that I'll talk more about in a separate review/discussion of the reflex sight.

I'm planning on getting to the range today and confirming zero.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
OK, thanks Kirk. Yeah the Circle dot is different but for 7 yards in during an Oh shit is priceless in my opinion, real easy to pick up a nice big circle. Now is the Nuwa circle dot any good is the question!!

3,545 Posts
I think the problem was that I was doing dry work against a dark background in a fairly dark room and it made even the lowest setting on the reticle pop too much. When I took it to confirm zero today I had to move it up to a high setting and that worked splendiferously.

Here's my 75 ft target:
View attachment 77076

Piece of favor your sword (mobile)
Excellent shooting Kirk, the more you use the circle dot the more you will appreciate it.

So may be a Nuwa in my future!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts