setting up iron sights on 995TS

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by USMC_VET, Feb 18, 2015.

1. USMC_VET

USMC_VET Supporting Member

thinking of re-installing my iron sights back onto my 995TS and have a couple questions on doing so

when placing the ghost ring front sight back onto the FSP what's a good starting point position for this ,another words how high should i place it so i can get a good starting point in sighting in

rear sight i think it was set at 3-1/2 ( vertical bars on rear sight post) would that be a good starting point ??

I've got a bullet laser and a muzzle laser just want to get the sights close so there is not much adjusting

2. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Well you should know to start with your rear windage centered for re-sighting. Set your rear elevation to the centered or neutral line and then adjust the height on the fsp sighting in with one of your laser devices. Don't forget to level the rear sights side to side and plumb the fsp to them if you completely removed the mounting ring from the barrel.

That should put you on paper and allow you to make finer adjustments with the rears.

3. tamarisk

tamarisk Member

SE PA
    I gotta ask....Why are you thinking of putting the sights back on?, thought you had the offset irons on your carbine?

Steve

4. USMC_VET

USMC_VET Supporting Member

Got all my optics and buis removed from my 995ts . Don't really shoot it anymore and haven't shot it since July of last year . So I'm going to soak it Down with gun oil for long term storage and keep it ready if someday I May want to play with it , another words I lost interest with it

5. tamarisk

tamarisk Member

SE PA
    I understand....I got a whole section of my safe set aside with my Cowboy Action Shooting gear in it....same thing, loss of interest for the moment, not enough hours in the day....
    Steve

6. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

I put the irons back on my 995ts because I never could seem to get a red dot to hold zero with it.