Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Somewhat lengthy video, but I wanted to be thorough, covering the issues that come with converting your SKS and fitting it into the SGWorks stock kit. Overall, I am extremely impressed with the design, fit/finish, and functionality of the stock. There are a few downsides, but all are fixable with a little time and patience. Take a look and let me know what you think, shooting and field testing will be a ways off, but it will be worthwhile!

·
Premium Member
36,070 Posts
Wait, you actually GOT one? First I heard of, so good for you!

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Removable/Fixed 30rnd Sks Magazine Review

So this is a follow up video, going over the somewhat nameless 30 rnd sks duckbill magazine I picked up. It's pretty good over all when it comes to loading through stripper clips, we'll see how it performs when firing and feeding. Let me know any suggestions or comments you may have.

·
Premium Member
36,070 Posts
So this is a follow up video, going over the somewhat nameless 30 rnd sks duckbill magazine I picked up. It's pretty good over all when it comes to loading through stripper clips, we'll see how it performs when firing and feeding. Let me know any suggestions or comments you may have.
FINALLY!

Someone who wants hi cap, but still likes stripper clip feeding!:thankyou:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got mine yesterday,

every thing OP said is right on.

BUT, my discharge cover has a 1/8" thick plastic mounting tab that a steel pin pushes through, to hold in place.

Upon first time assembly that mounting tab broke.

Saw at the SGW site that they know this is a problem and that they changed their mold to fix the problem.

Their assembly manual does not say this, no addendum to the manual.

Sent SGW a e-mail. Lets see what response i get, if any.

I sent them a e-mail and did not receive a response from them, it's been over a week this was for something else.

I am hoping that they have some kind of a customer service.

·
Registered
8 Posts
WOW just got a reply back from SG Works

That was a Fast response!!!

They will replace the part and that was a quick response.

Lets see how fast i get the part.

·
No longer broke...
21,920 Posts
Being a Liberal is there a lefty version of this stock?

·
Registered
8 Posts
The SG Works does have a gun smith that they can send you to, that can rework the slide if you have to have the slide on the other side or he can do just a deflector. Slide and deflector is $225.00, i dont how much just the deflector is.

It is weird shooting right handed after all these years of shooting left handed.

Only problem with shooting right handed, if your a left handed shooter is if the battery on the green dot goes dead in the middle of a zombie invasion.

other than that i am just as accurate with either eye, maybe a little better as a right handed shooter only because I have better vision in my right eye.

·
No longer broke...
21,920 Posts
Dominant left eye and I've found I'm more accurate lefty although I'm right handed in the rest of the world.
Pistols I can shoot ambidextrous but slightly better lefty.

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I went out to the range with my friend, ValhallaGardian, and my dad to sight in our rifles. It took damn near the whole time to sight in the SGWorks kit because I was all over the place and couldn't find where my bullets were landing. After 50 rounds, I was finally on paper, then I handed the rifle over to Valhalla and jumped on the camera to get a few action shots. More to come as we get this system dialed in. The gun worked FLAWLESSLY, not one single jam. A side note, however, that steel magazine I was using was fed HP rounds and worked like a champ. When I tried to load it up at home with FMJ's, it jammed up tight. The curve midway down the mag caught the tip of an FMJ and I had to smack the bullet out with a dowel to release the follower. Unfortunately for me, I'm going to have to go on the lookout for another steel mag in the 10-20rnd range that will top load and feed reliably with ALL types of ammo. Oh well, you live and learn, here's the video:

VIDEO

1 - 11 of 11 Posts