Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will send a formal letter of thanks to everyone in Mansfield, but I want to share the high points of Hi-Point as I see them.

I sent my ratty-old 995 that I bought used and abused for 125 bucks at a local HP dealer a coupla weeks ago, fired a few rounds to determine it worked, albeit not too perfectly, then called HP, talked with a Tech and following his instructions, shipped it to them on this past Monday pm via FedEx residential P/U. By tracking I determined it was delivered to Beemiller at 8 am on Wed and much to my surprise, it was delivered by to my door on Sat (yesterday) morning. Upon opening the box I found my barrel/action had been given a new "suit of stock", trigger, sear, sights, clip, slide, firing pin, safety, and had the ramp buffed. Plus two new magazines, a new sling and trigger lock. All this in a nice factory new official box. I have a new ATI stock waiting in my shop, so now my project will start with a perfectly functioning firearm instead of one full of doubts. All I have to do is order a few more modification accessories. I also have a 380 & 40, so am somewhat aware of their reputation, but this exceeded all my expectations.

I have never heard of any manufacturer of any product that does what HP does. Why anyone would bad-mouth HP is beyond me. I feel it certainly is the best bang for the buck out there. If I would have had the cash on me, I would have bought the new C-9 and 45 acp I saw yesterday. Hmmm, maybe if they are still there on Monday..... :idea:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Mine was mailed on 3/10/09
They signed for it on 3/13/09.
Today is the 22nd.
I'm still waiting.
I know, It's only been gone 12 days, and 4 of those days are weekends.
But I really miss my 995.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, maybe mine was an easy fix and yours may take a little longer to do it right. You could call them and ask...

·
Registered
207 Posts
Their site says an average of 12 - 14 buisness days.
I belive in giving a place proper time.
If not back, I'll call them the end of this week.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just raided by local $$ General for some cardboard and made one.

·
Registered
207 Posts
The only box I had, I had to take apart my 995 to fit in the box.
I sent all parts, and a note on the problem.
UPS was how I sent mine, just called it "Machined Parts"

·
Registered
28 Posts
When I purchased mine it was in a similar situation...bought it used, sent it back to the motherland for a checkup. I think it took right about 10 days and they basically replaced everthing!

Got to love their service/warranty!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Mine was mailed on 3/10/09
They signed for it on 3/13/09.
Today is the 22nd.
I'm still waiting.
I know, It's only been gone 12 days, and 4 of those days are weekends.
But I really miss my 995.
I called them on the 23rd.
They say it's still being looked at, and hasn't been shipped back yet.
Nothing to do but wait.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
I have to agree these guys are just one of a vanishing breed where standing behind the product is job one. Warms a grumpy old mans heart. Good bunch of folks and I will continue buying and using their guns because of it.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yep, and since they completely refurbished my used rat 995 without making a single cent on the original purchase, and actually loosing money by the work they did and shipping back to me; I went out yesterday and bought a NIB C9 to go with my 40 and 380. I also plan to find and buy a 45 and 4095 when I can...just to put a little back in the Beemiller kitty.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.