Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided I'm going to try carrying my C9 before I go out and buy a Bersa .380, which is the other CC gun I've been looking at. but since I already have a C9 I thought I'd try it. My wife and I were actually out of town this weekend, but I found a cool little gun shop in Springfield, MO that stocks Blackhawk holsters. I've read from another member on the board that the IWB Blackhawk works well. So I bought one, and since we've been home (about 3 hours now) I've been wearing it just like I'd carry. Sitting, walking, standing, bending, and its actually not too bad. its fairly comfortable and actually conceals really well under an un-tucked t-shirt.
anyway, on to the 2nd part of this:
I never really paid much mind to the finger extention on the mag until I had it concealed under my clothes. I noticed how the extention is rather long, and all the edges on the bottom plate of the mag are sharp. I figured it could get snagged on clothing while trying to draw, so I shaved it down a bit and rounded all the edges. I left just enough to still get your pinky on.
I hope these pic work:

sorry bout the image quality. I took these pics with my phone.
Anyone else tried this? what do you think

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Yeah ,that seems cool.A little less to snag on.Its just for the pinky finger anyways.
Good for you.
I took an exacto knife and sandpaper to the edges of the mags so they aren't sharp too.

Rich

·
Registered
222 Posts
Personally I like the extra grip I get on the draw having the extension. I carry many times without a holster even and it doesn't really bother me. Ok the rubbing of the safety gets annoying from time to time but it works for me.
But as long as that works for you, it's the important thing isn't it. It looks good tho.

·
Premium Member
806 Posts
Hey dusty13, I think that shop is either Gunslingers or Gunsmoke. They are the 2 shops here in Springfield that carry Blackhawk.
Which holster did you get? I have a Safariland IWB holster but I'm looking for a better one.

BTW, I know you said you were out of town but do you live close to Springfield? I'm up on the north side myself. Maybe we can hook up for a shoot some day.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.