she's coming home

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by RedBird94, May 12, 2015.

1. RedBird94

RedBird94 Member

After 4 weeks at MOM, my 4595 will be back here by Thursday. Sent her in due to extreme inaccuracy. Tech suggested a bad barrel. Anxious to see what they found. The as soon as (if ever) we get dry weather again, back to the range. Starting again with factory sights at 25 yards. Looking for huge improvement.

2. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

It always takes longer for the carbine repairs, 4 -5 weeks?
    The handguns usually take 2-3 weeks.
    You'll be happy you sent it back instead of unloading it on something else!!!

3. RedBird94

RedBird94 Member

partially my fault, and some theirs. I didn't put a note with return address inside the box, and the shipping label with the return info got torn off. Fed Ex came to the house today but no one home. I assume that was it. So I'll pick it up tomorrow. Then off to the range as soon as we get dry weather

4. My 4595 was a factory return I bought from the FFL after the original owner didn't want it back. It works great.

My 995 was bought used in 'messed with' condition and I sent it back. It was returned like new.

They are both great carbines -- which is normal.

5. RedBird94

RedBird94 Member

got it back, 18 items on the repaired/replaced list. mostly in the trigger group. polished feed ramp and other things. looks very good. Factory sights are back on. Appears that they have been adjusted. At least the aren't set at 0. Range trip coming soon. Plus a free magazine. Hard to argue with that kind of service.

6. "extreme inaccuracy". "bad barrel"

Only the owners make them that way.Evidently you bought a used POS.

7. talon

talon the banned wagon

Now theres a genius statement. Right, because no firearms company ever has a faulty or out of spec part. And, he clearly stated 18 items, mostly in the trigger group were repaired or replaced.

8. RedBird94

RedBird94 Member

and oddly Black Bart, the Barrel was not replaced. I'm talking about putting 6-8 rounds on paper at 25 yards. After being clamped in a bench rest, a bore laser fitted and scope sighted to match the laser dot at 50 yards. The tech did say the found several "issues" that were addressed. Said it should shoot as well as the gun is capable of now. Since you brought it up, here's the list of what they did.
    Replaced front sight, replaced slide, breech, extractors, firing pin, firing pin springs, bolt retainer, trigger, safety, chamber, operating handle, last round slide catch, last round spring, reset head space, polished ramp, polished rails, fixed all internal wear.
    As far as I'm concerned that's pretty good service for a used gun. And don't forget the free magazine.

9. RedBird94

RedBird94 Member

when I have time tomorrow I will give it a good inspection. I want to visually inspect the barrel and such.