Shield9 Owners Good News/Bad News?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by TNTRAILERTRASH, Dec 31, 2015.

1. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

2. mn_doggie

mn_doggie Member

MN
    Can't see how it could possibly be bad news.

Promag stuff is very reliable.

3. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Promag? Reliable? :rofl: Those 2 words do not belong together!

4. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

I've never had a problem with the 14rd HP mags. And they work in the JHP too. I have one 4095 that needs a smack on the bottom to "put out." Well the first round only. :rolleyes: The 9's seem to work unless you cram 16 in them. I keep a book on the mags.

5. For me to buy a Promag, they'd have to be last mag supplier on earth.

6. Kiln

Kiln Member

I've used quite a few Promags and most were garbage. This list includes AK mags, CZ75 mags, and a 1911 with an extended Promag. I did hear a few good things from guys around here a while back but haven't bought a Promag in a while.

What I do is look at reviews on sites like Cheaper Than Dirt and Midway that let you rate the products. Lots of bad reviews ranging from "spring broke second time out" to "follower hangs up/tilts in the mag".

Like I said, my experience was similar. You will be far better off with two factory mags and some practice than one extended Promag.

Some guys who like Promags will even specify that they use them mainly for training but keep better mags for serious use. I used to have a Promag for my AK that would spit 10-15 rounds out when you fully load it and then smack the baseplate.

7. mn_doggie

mn_doggie Member

MN