Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my C9 last week. Love the gun. I hated to send it in, but... I have done everything I could to sight it in. I shot off hand, side hand, back hand, over hand, and finally from a rest. The problem is the elevation adj. At 5yards I have the elevation screw almost backed out. The top of the rear sight is almost 1/4" above the top of the front sight. I know I haven't shot a pistol for at least 10 years, but I know this ain't right!!! I called Hi-Point today and told a tech my problem. He agreed that something wasn't right. I shipped it in this afternoon. He said he would repair the problem and sight it in and send me the target. I bought this gun for self defence. I figured 5 yards would be a nice round figure to sight in.

Shipped it UPS. Hope I have no problems. I hand wrote my problem to Hi-Point. I don't have a printer. Will let you all know how this comes out.

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Too bad you had to send it in already. From everything I've read about their customer service, you are in capable hands and should get it back timely. You'll enjoy the C9 once they get the kinks worked out.
:yes:
I look forward to hearing about the resolution!

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Had mine back in a week including shipping both ways.
Thanks Virgil, I used your video to show me the best way to ship my pistol back to Hi-Point. It went out last Thursday evening and they received it on Friday morning. I only live 200 miles away from the factory. I used UPS and had no problems. I hope I get the pistol back as fast as it went out. I know my problem wasn't major, but it sure bugged the heck out of me.

The only trouble now is finding 9mm ammo!!! I know all the clerks at the local sportings goods section at our local Walmart. I walk in and they just shake their head, "not yet"!!! Oh Well!!!

·
Registered
223 Posts
How far are you from Cabela's. I would think they would have 9mm ammo. If not make a day trip and come accross the border to Ohio. Get off 70 at St Rt 79 and right there is Buckeye outdoors. They have a ton of 9mm and it is on sale for 9.99 per 50 count.

I sent my 995 carbine in this week too. I am also awaiting the return.

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
UPDATE!!! I just called Hi-Point and the kind lady said my pistol will probably be shipped next Thursday. :'( Hi-Point only ships out on Thursday's. She told me they use FedEx.

On a better note, my local Walmart finally got 9mm ammo in today. Wah Hoo!!! 8) They only allow you to buy 2 box's at a time. I got two box's of the WWB 100 count. Hey, It's better than nothing!!! Now I just hope my C9 comes back home in short order. ::)

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
GOT IT BACK!!! I got my C9 back about 2 hours ago. Just like everyone else, Hi-Point sent me a extra Mag. Great service!!! I will have to wait till the first of the week to test fire it myself. As I said earlier, I had a problem with the gun shotting about 6" to 8" to low. In the note form the tech he told me he replaced the barrel. They also tuned up the gun. He inclosed a target that states he fired the gun at a distance of 17 yards. The grouping is about a 3" spread. The group is about 1/2" above center, and a tad to the left. If I can shoot this good I will be quite happy. He fired 8 rounds with a 6 o'clock hold. On the target he stated he was using Blazer 115 gr. FMJ.

When I called the factory yesterday the lady said I would receive my gun on Monday. I live about 200 miles from the factory. It took all of 18 hours to get it back. Ho-ray to Fed Ex!!!

Will let you all know how it shots in a few days. The people at Hi-Point are a pleasure to deal with!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts