Shipping ammo to California. Can (should)I do it?

Discussion in 'Caliber Zone' started by 22pistol, Mar 26, 2015.

1. I have a fellow wanting to purchase 2000 rounds of 22LR from me. Shipping to Kern County.
    Knowing that CA has a lot of regs regarding firearms but not knowing ALL of them, what concerns should I have to protect myself?

2. sdbrit68

sdbrit68 Supporting Member

I have ordered ammo, I think it has to be done ground UPS or something. A quick search, and remember, I am not up on everything, some areas do restrict
    San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento (City or County?), Los Angeles (City), Yolo County

But my info is second hand, according to some it has to have something called an orm-d label ?

Hopefully someone with more knowledge will jump in

3. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Ship UPS only. Need ORM - D sticker or 2 depends on the UPS center. Check with calguns about city and counties that restrict trade.

4. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    I'm just wondering what your price was.

But don't tell me, it'll just tick me off. I hate that the gougers are buying every shell locally, and selling them on line. I mean seriously, hate them.:cool:

5. planosteve

Al I picked up 525 Rem golden bullets for 21.95 + TAX. If i see some more at that price do you want some. With shipping it would be about $65 for 2 boxes.

6. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Yes, yes I do. There are bricks in some places here...at $65 they tend to stay on the shelf for a few days.:rolleyes:

But $33 and change per brick is great!:)

7. Thanks.

I have shipped ammo before with no issues but never to CA. Always a concern with something new.
    Biggest problem I have is the UPS office nearest me is only open three hours a day.

8. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

Steve,

I would be more than happy to get those off you also, but I know it would be a pain doing it for a ton of people. I wish the wally worlds around here would actually have them. They always seem to get them in mid week, and put them out around 8am... when I'm at work... by the time I get there they have been loooong gone!

9. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    If the guy you are shipping to lives in CA, he should know the laws or restrictions? If not, you may want to use a search engine and check out CA laws for yourself.

10. planosteve

When I see some good deals I will get what I can and let you all know. It has been slim this past week.

11. Outlaw

Outlaw Supporting Member

Make sure your weapon will cycle this stuff. I have a bunch of it; 36 gr I think. Memory serves me I have a couple pieces that will cycle anything but that stuff. A friend and I just had a conversation about it. He has a couple units that won't cycle it either.

12. planosteve

Al,

I have 2 bricks of Norma TAC-22 (1000 rds total) that I paid $49.95 total for) with shipping to you out in the sticks I would be $69.00. Or I have a 500 pack of Rem 22 Thunderbolt ($22.00) and 2 333 packs of Winchester ($24.00 for both) Shipping will be around $19.00 so that would be $65.00 out the door. Let me know if you are interested. Whichever one you do not pick I will be sending to the Boy Scouts.

13. planosteve

Oh crap I thought I was PM'ing that.