Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I was wanting to know if anyone out has shipped a 995 back to HP for a repair? If so, I was told by my local shipping place that 1. It has to go Fed Ex and 2. has to go OverNight? Shipping Overnight jumped the price up considerably so I would like to know if anyone has experienced this situation (due to it a firearm/Law) or is this shipping place trying to get over? I was also informed that it could only go Fex Ex and not UPS? What carrier did you send it? I haven't checked with USPS or DHL so I don't know them buy the cost was over a hundred smackarooneys so I just wanted some feedback. I know local has to do with it but I was just being cautious first.. Right on, Head straight, squeeze not pull....

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
You don't have to use overnight, I've shipped firearms Fed-Ex ground with no trouble. UPS will not accept firearm shipments anymore unless you are a FFL dealer and use direct pickup. I'd guess there's some politics involved.

Ron M.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Ron & Spiker, I called back to the same shipping company, I got another person on the phone, they said I could ship ground and I am sure that is much cheaper then overnight. Machine Parts? Is that how you send back your bazooka for repair? :D

·
Registered
69 Posts
You can actually just take this back to the store you bought it from, or another gun store in the area, and see if they'll ship it back to Hi-Point for you, without all the Fed Ex or UPS troubles.

I dropped off my 4095 at the store I bought it from today, and they're shipping it back to Hi-Point, and I don't pay a dime.

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
You don't have to use overnight, I've shipped firearms Fed-Ex ground with no trouble. UPS will not accept firearm shipments anymore unless you are a FFL dealer and use direct pickup. I'd guess there's some politics involved.

Ron M.
Here is what Hi Point CS told me to do. go to the shipper of YOUR choice with the firearm already boxed up and ready to ship. select YOUR pefered method of shipping and when asked what is in the box tell them its machined parts. why? Because thats exactly what it is.

I used UPS ground and it cost me $22 and some change from Mo.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the advice everyone!! I was asking because I just (3 weeks ago) purchased a used 995 carbine and with the awesome warranty (I heard about) I was just preparing for a malfunction or something of the sort. I have finally shot the gun with good results. The only thing was the 9th and 10th round would jam up. This jam was caused from the original magazine that came with the gun and when I tried a new magazine (pro mag 10 rounder) the jam went away. I think it isn't worth me sending it back just for a tired out magazine.. Rock on everyone. 8)

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
I figure that if they state it so often and so publicly, they're not worried about it getting around. OTOH, I don't know if it IS said officially anywhere, so...

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
That's what HP tells you to list as the package contents. "Machined parts" because that's what it is by definition, machined parts. All your leaving out, is what said machined parts form when assembled.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.