Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
made the big mistake the other day by taking my jcp 40 in and showing it to my local gun shop, sheesh you would have thought i tried to pass a water pistol off as the best firearms ever in vented, the guy had not one single good thing to say about hi points, he said things i can't post on the board here but suffice to say they were not good, and once someone like that has that kind of attitude theres no changing it, so i just didn't say anything, i tried telling him about the really good lifetime warranty and that all you had to do was send it in and they fixed it for nothing, then he asked me how i would send it it i eventually had to and i said i would take it down and stick it in a box and ship it, he then proceded to tell me that if i marked the box as machine parts that i would be commiting a felony by shipping fireamrs across state lines, and that i may get away with it but if i got caught it would not be pretty!, any thoughts on doing this?, i sure the heck don't wanna do time in a federal prison for sending my pistol in to get fixed.

·
Registered
107 Posts
A friend of mine sent his Ruger pistol in the other day to have the trigger worked on. He sent it through th egun store that we go to. Most likely that's how I'd handle it, is to go to a gun store and have them send it back for me.

Call HiPoint and ask them what they recommend.

·
Registered
43 Posts
made the big mistake the other day by taking my jcp 40 in and showing it to my local gun shop, sheesh you would have thought i tried to pass a water pistol off as the best firearms ever in vented, the guy had not one single good thing to say about hi points, he said things i can't post on the board here but suffice to say they were not good, and once someone like that has that kind of attitude theres no changing it, so i just didn't say anything, i tried telling him about the really good lifetime warranty and that all you had to do was send it in and they fixed it for nothing, then he asked me how i would send it it i eventually had to and i said i would take it down and stick it in a box and ship it, he then proceded to tell me that if i marked the box as machine parts that i would be commiting a felony by shipping fireamrs across state lines, and that i may get away with it but if i got caught it would not be pretty!, any thoughts on doing this?, i sure the heck don't wanna do time in a federal prison for sending my pistol in to get fixed.
hi point will tell you to put machine parts on the box but i send mine in and they never ask so i did not say lol but that is what hi point will tell you they told me it would be like 70 or 80 if i told if was a gun

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
You can alos ship it back through usps, but you have to declare it is a firearm. It is legal to ship a pistol back to mfg. for repair without an FFl.

G

·
You can alos ship it back through usps, but you have to declare it is a firearm. It is legal to ship a pistol back to mfg. for repair without an FFl.
That's good to know considering the lifetime warranty on these.

G

·
Very true on the shipping to a MFG for repair without FFL. HP will ask you to tear down weapon before shipping.

I shoot pretty regular at my local indoor range. I shoot all types of firearms including my HP C9. I do all my own work on all my firearms including other people needing work on theres. So I am constantly at the range. I walked out of the range and into the store with my C9 attached to my hip. Right away the worker says, thats not a High Point. With all the firearms you shoot, you carry a HP.

He does not know I have put over a thousand rounds with only 3 mis feeds due to horrible ammo/ruff feed ramp. Issues I can take care of no prob. He did not know about HP warranty, and actual quallity of there firearms.

My HP is not comparable to my Springfield XD 45 by any means, but its an awesome handgun. I use it as home protection with hollow points, have had the most awesome customer service, and is fairely simple to work on. Take that to your gun shop and continue to buy HP!! NOw if I can just find a HP 45.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Glad to know I won't have any issues should I need to send it back. (hopefully I won't need to!)
well i still have not got my c9 back but i lost a spring for my 380 called and told then i lost it and they sent it 2 days ago got it today all they asked was my name and address lol

·
Registered
222 Posts
Depending on where you bought the gun you can have them ship it. Here in ID there is Cal Ranch and they will talk to HP and get a call order from HP sent to the store and then contact you and send in the firearm for a minimal cost (Around $13 in ID).

If not then call HP and have them send you a sticker by UPS or FED Ex and then all you do is put the gun in a box without anything but the return address. When UPS shows up you just take the sticker from them and put it on your box and they will deliver it no questions asked. Costs about the same

·
Registered
43 Posts
Depending on where you bought the gun you can have them ship it. Here in ID there is Cal Ranch and they will talk to HP and get a call order from HP sent to the store and then contact you and send in the firearm for a minimal cost (Around $13 in ID).

If not then call HP and have them send you a sticker by UPS or FED Ex and then all you do is put the gun in a box without anything but the return address. When UPS shows up you just take the sticker from them and put it on your box and they will deliver it no questions asked. Costs about the same
well i got my c9 back today took about 2 and a half weeks but i got it fedex today and they just gave me a new c9 so i am very happy the one i sent in was a old c9 and was missing parts but it still fired but i got it today and was so happy hi point takes care of us got a new c9 cant beat that i only paid 50 for the gun used and i got to free mags sent with the gun

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just ship it though ups. I had to go to one of the main ups centers though, just declare its a firearm going in for repair, and you'll be fine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.