Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

sholder holster

2K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  autosurgeon 
#1 ·
hey guys. anyone know where i can get a sholder holster for my hp. 40 cal.
o and by the way im a lefty so it would have to be a ammi. or 1 for a lefty.
dont realy want a leather one either. thx

G
#2 ·
Whatever you buy, be sure you can try it first. I had two different ones, and both caused extreme pain in the center of my shoulder blades. I don't remember either brand, but they were both inexpensive, so I'd be prepared to spend some money on something decent. In all honesty, I'd probably buy whatever cops, or anybody else wear the things all day use.

#3 ·
+1 Chris.

I doubt you're going to find a comfortable shoulder holster for a HP. Reason being, the best holsters are tailored to fit specific guns and I doubt anyone's building any for a HP. I carried both my Walther and Beretta in a Fobus rig. It was hard to get a good all-day-comfortable fit. Nothing's ever going to take the place of leather in this department, IMHO.

All that being said, there are certainly plenty of universal shoulder holsters available on eBay/gunbroker. Try some out and see what you think. Maybe I'm just shaped funny.

-'bridge

#7 ·
I have a Uncle Mike's shoulder holster. It works ok. I'm pretty sure it's a size 15. It's designed to have the hoster on one side and counter attached to your belt on the other side to help balance the weight. Also, there is an attach point for an extra mag holder, single or double.

#9 ·
I thought about getting a shoulder holster but man is it hard to find holsters and such for the HP's.

#11 ·
hey guys . anyone ever here of utg (under the gun) holsters? i was checking them out and they make a sholder holster PVC-H175B (b for black). its a ambi holster,since im a lefty. found one at a local gun shop for like $30.00. thinking of picking one up. the web site for the holsters is www.leapers.com
Me likey! I'm gonna have to show that one to Dad. He has 2 C9s that he would like to have a dual pistol shoulder rig for. That also gives me ideas on how to make my own. I want to make one that will utilize my Fobus or BLACKHAWK! IWB and could still be able to use the holster without the rig.

#16 ·
I have that leapers holster as well and it is comfortable!

#17 ·
hey 2tn mules. you got to watch out for them illinois mushrooms,theyll jump out and bite your leg off :D
a local gun shop has the tactical one for like $30.00. thers a universal one that ive found on ebay thats like $20.00
thats with shipping. i cant wait tho going to gun shop tomorow and get me one

#18 ·
Maybe that's why I've always been reluctant to pick and consume wild mushrooms. Didn't want to see Jesus, either literally or figuratively, just yet. I know many people do but I've never had the training to identify what is OK.

#19 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.