Shooters Arms????

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by khmer_gentleman, Jan 8, 2008.

1. Jarhead1775

Jarhead1775 Guest

I honestly do not know anything about these except they sell around $400.00. I personally would buy the Taurus pt1911 (lifetime warranty) for the extra $100.00. Or I would go with the Rock Island. A 1911 is like a small block chevy you will always be able to get parts and mods.

2. Ari

Ari Guest

Springfield or RIA

3. +1 at what Ari said... Springfield Armory or RIA

4. thanks for the advice guys

5. Huggy

Huggy Member

SEPA
    I've been curious about these too, but haven't found much information.
    IIRC, they're made in the Phillipines, but that doesn't make 'em RIAs.

6. 1motion

1motion Guest

taurus or the RIA are probably the best options

7. Looks alot like a norinco to me. Plenty of other's other there that make 1911's around the same price like RIA and Taurus.

8. According to what I've seen (saw them at J&G in December) they're not much different than RIA/Armscor and also made in the Philippines. I know RIA/Armscor is a good pistol/value. For pretty much the same price (only about $10 cheaper when I saw them) I'd stick with Armscor/RIA until I hear more about Shooters Arms.

9. Rock Island Armory- Tactical 1911 $389.99 at Sarco inc.All business!!
    [​IMG] :D

10. The word I've gotten is that they're made by one of Armscor's competitors in the Philippines. Beyond that don't know much about them.

11. unclerob

unclerob Member

Just got mine today!
    Here it is right out of the box, not even wiped down.
    Feels and looks smooth and sweet!
    [​IMG]

12. Showing the same gun in 2 threads is just bragging unclerob!!!!! :D

Pretty sweet looking 1911, good for you buddy!

13. Beowolf1911

Beowolf1911 Member

you cant go wrong with a 1911 there are some I like more then others but I have never fired one that didn't go bang every time I pulled the trigger. (except if it has the standard internal extractor, they do not like steel cased ammo)

14. My RIA likes Wolf .45 just fine. 500+ rounds of it and all went bang.

15. Occured to me that the original M1911's and M1911A1's didn't have a problem with steel cased ammo either as that's pretty much all we made our .45 casings out of during WWII.