Shooting at Mohammad Art Exhibit

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by planosteve, May 3, 2015.

1. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

2. planosteve

This place is right off the Bush Turnpike between my house and one of the gun ranges I shoot at.

3. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Since no descriptions of the dead suspects were given, got any more details

4. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/loca...-anti-islam-event-at-garland-isd-facility.ece

Not to be melodramatic....but it's time to start carrying.........

5. planosteve

I will watch the news at 10 and see if there is anything new. The LEO was shot in the lower leg and is listed in stable condition. They are searching all parked cars and trucks in an ever expanding radius for explosives. That is all I have right now.

6. planosteve

I refuse to speculate but the lack of descriptions and the search for explosives speaks volumes right now. I could be wrong but it is starting to quack.

7. planosteve

Going to need to let this one sit as the Dallas morning news reports are slightly different than the TV stations. Enough that I need to let things settle down. Will post more when the stories converge.

8. planosteve

Ok, here is what the police have released. Two suspects drove up and opened fire on the Garland ISD officer hitting him in the lower leg. Garland PD returned fire, including members of SWAT who were stationed there in case of trouble. The bomb squad searched the vehicle that the suspects were in but nothing has been reported as far as explosives. The police still have a large area shut down. The suspects have not been identified. The toll road is open but the police have checkpoints set up at the exits in the area. Only residents are allowed to go to the apartments near by.

9. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Well I think it's safe to assume the suspects weren't white Christians by now....

10. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

11. planosteve

The suspects were from Phoenix according to the latest reports. One was an apparent terrorist wannabe and had a terrorist conviction.

12. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

That's the big noise right now.

However, I'll say that search for explosives is SOP considering reports of "backpacks" &tc.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

13. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

I'd love to. Would you please convince the Base Commander? :(

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

14. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

Since I live so far out in the country 911 is long distance.... I rely on 1-911 for protection. ;)

15. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Poll has 96% of people thinking we are going to see widespread violence this summer. If it starts I will start carrying illegally(don't have my CC permit yet and not in the budget with all the medical crap). I would rather go for jury nullification than a casket!

16. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

Saw this on Facebook this morning

Attached Files:

17. We see widespread violence every summer, it is human nature. Officer did his job with outstanding valor. In this case gunmen stopped, there will be cases where innocents are injured. Small percentage of normal life, I refuse to get worked up over it.

18. what_now

what_now Member

Mary was referring to a Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll.
    "A resounding 96% of adults surveyed said it was likely there would be additional racial disturbances this summer, a signal that Americans believe Baltimore’s recent problems aren’t a local phenomenon but instead are symptomatic of broader national problems."

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2015/...-lines-on-backlash-against-police-poll-finds/

19. shepherd321

shepherd321 Supporting Member

This summer and everyone after it.