Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is not going to be good news for the NY laws. There is a bill in the assembly right now to further restrict rifles. And the Hi-point carbine was named on the bill :'(

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
This is not going to be good news for the NY laws. There is a bill in the assembly right now to further restrict rifles. And the Hi-point carbine was named on the bill :'(
Wow that really sucks.

·
Registered
438 Posts
All afternoon, CNN, et.al., were saying that the shooter was armed with "a high-powered rifle."

I can believe two handguns. It's a heckuva lot less conspicuous (sp?) than a rifle, and one would think *someone* would have noticed a rifle-armed man walking into the building.

EDIT:
Reports are now that the shooter not only had two handguns but, "wore a satchel around his neck, filled with ammunition."
How much exaggeration do you figure?

-Sifrid

·
Registered
438 Posts
He had two pistols, one 9mm and one .45.
They were legally registered to an alias of the man on the ID.
(How can that happen, if the state is taking our money to do a basic due diligence check, I don't know, but I have my suspicions...)

I'm kinda afraid to find out make on those guns.

-SIfrid

·
Registered
313 Posts
well if I am not mistaken you can legally have an alias. I remember reading somewhere about it when I was reading something about maiden name changes. Like if your wife changed her name to take your last name, in all actuality her maiden name is also considered an alias.

As long as both of his names were put down on the form it was legal.

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
This is a real tragedy, unfortunately it will be used as more ammo for the gun grabbers. Guns prevent alot of crime, and that is not reported.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.