Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to look at 5 acres asking cheap. It was bought in a tax sale 13 years ago. Realtor told me you can get a title search done yet can't get title insurance. Even though by state law 10 years is the statute of limitations. Good place to shoot. No power or utilities there right now. Rough road. We'll see. Not taking my car. Will ride in the realtor's truck.

Another is 4 acres on a main drag near a "major" intersection which could go commercial. Right now it is zoned residential.

Both are pretty cheap.

Just doing my investing in land.

·
Premium Member
5,803 Posts
I shoulda done that years ago, Trashy. Good luck to ya.

·
Premium Member
22,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I shoulda done that years ago, Trashy. Good luck to ya.
I looked at the 4 acres. Now way that will be commercial. Wide deep ravine in it probably leaving 1.12 acres buildable. The 5 acres I put a bid on. It is way the heck out in the sticks. Power is 500ft away. It is on a cul-de-sac. Lots of trees. Poplar, hickory, red oak, dog woods about 2 3/4 to 3 acres fairly level. It's on a ridge at the end. It drops odd on 2 sides. One side has a wide creek. Weird part is I wouldn't own it all the way down. Still the view is really nice. Not really over grown at all. I think I bid over the other 2 that want it. One guy (I was told) bid the asking price. Now action on that. It's a cash only deal. Nice place to shoot, maybe set up a deer stand. 1 1/2mi of chert rock road when you leave the county pavement. I buying as an investment. Not to retire on.

·
Premium Member
8,633 Posts
With the creek and ravines it sounds like good hunting land. Especially if it has any nut trees or fruit trees on it. Would be a good spot to drop a 20' long High Cube container to use as a cabin. Don't tore anything you can't lose but basics like a cot and a table to cook on, maybe an old couch to sit on and look out the open doors... I know theft in remote cabins is an issue so nothing in it the meth heads would want to carry off.

·
Premium Member
22,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Get a head start with this:

View attachment 74496

It's a little dated - 1960's - but, with a little work, one can make improvements.

Hide the air pipe in a fake tree stump, camouflage the entry door, lose the paving stones.

eldar
Bury a school bus.

·
Premium Member
22,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was the highest bid, then some kid came in and bid over list price. Bummer. I'll need to go shopping again.

Reactions: Jim Sterling
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.