Shopping Spree

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by unclerob, Jan 16, 2008.

1. unclerob

unclerob Member

Went to J&G Sales today and treated myself to some new stuff.
    Besides a drum for my AK47, 1440 rounds of 9MM and some AK Mag pouches, I got these puppies below.

Ruger Charger. It was on the shelf less than 24 hours. They only got one in.
    [​IMG]

SAM Elite 1911. Smooth and sweet!
    [​IMG]

Attention MN Guys! 1944 TULA M44. Everything matches. Not many of these around.
    [​IMG]

2. Man talk about a shopping spree. Some nice looking guns. Im really interested to see a range report on the charger.

3. YOU SUCK!!!!!!!!

J/K :wink: Beautiful guns!

4. neothespian

neothespian Member

DUDE!!! Get your Tax Refund in or something??

My luck, my next shopping spree won't be these pretties but....Ikea furniture :?

5. Man, you and I better never go to J&G together. The last time I was there I bought 3 guns too, and my son bought 1.

It's fun to walk out with multiple new toys at once, isn't it?

Enjoy!!

6. Ari

Ari Guest

Hey now that sounds like my type of day!

Primal you crack me up! :D

7. Kelotravolski

Kelotravolski Member

I would like that tax refund.

I wish I had enough money for one new gun. nice job on bagging em.

8. unclerob

unclerob Member

Nope, no Tax refund.
    Secret formula is ..... Not Married + No Kids = Extra Money.

9. Fox

Fox Member

I like your mosin looks just like my 1945 Izhevsk I picked up today.. I tore it all down and All my Izhevsk Factory stamps are there.. can't wait to shoot it..

10. elguapo

elguapo Guest

Sadly, I am in Neo's boat: Furniture for my pittance/refund.

BTW, hows that 1911?

11. unclerob must have hit the lottery recently and not sharing with his brothers in arms, no wonder he has be laying low for the last couple months. :)

Definately need a range report of the Charger pistol, its on my Need to Get list provided the reviews I read are positive.

rimfirehunter

12. good - now YOU suck, instead of ME.

Great finds, man - let's get to work on the range report!

13. Jarhead1775

Jarhead1775 Guest

The only way to buy guns is in quanitity. I have noticed that if I bought three or more in one shot the dealer will make a sweet deal. This pertains to used guns. The dealers by me will get a gun in that they paid $100.00 for and will sell it for $350.00 - $400.00. They really take advantage of widows. In New York State if the permit carrier dies the police will confiscate the pistols and you then have to apply for a license 2-3 months. So in most cases the widow will sell to a gun shop for pennies on the dollar while she is still in the grieving process.

No Primal don't have any idea's of opening a gun shop in NY. :D

14. neothespian

neothespian Member

Quantity is the key. Ended up trading my Taurus revolver for BOTH the 995, the C9, a holster, a pistol case and a box of 9mm (50 wwb). After sitting down and doing the math for the average price of those guns in the Phoenix market:

$169=C9
    $220=995
    $21.99=C9 holster
    $12.99=Plastic Carrying case
    $14.95=50 count box of WWB 9mm
    FREE=the "Black Flag" sticker the shop owner threw in when I picked it up out of a box of various stickers (It also has a Pawn Shop licence to get around a legal loophole of the City of Tempe's silly ordinance of no gun shops within 4 miles of the University in town).

Overall cost is 439.93 before taxes. Considering that I only paid $375 for the Taurus .357, that's not a bad return, and that was trading in a used wheelgun for two NEW automatics.

I'm still happy with my trade, although I still miss the Taurus :(

15. Space

Space Member

NH
    Great haul man.

I picked up a SAM Elite last weekend, you'll love it.

WOW! 1500 rounds of ammo and an AK Drum too. WOW!

And that M44 is beautiful.....WOW!

....what, no scope for the Ruger ??

16. WOW you the man I was excited about 1 gun lol

17. Fenix

Fenix Guest

Ah, but DINK beats that. DINK= Dual Income, No Kids. Sweet toys though.

18. panoz77

panoz77 Member

How much did the charger run you? I just stopped at a local shop, they are getting one in next Wednesday (only 1), they wanted $325.00, I thought that was a little high, he initially said around $300.00. I said if it's around $300.00 I'll take it, then he came back a few minutes later and said $325.00 + tax = $346.00 total, I said thanks but no, I'll wait till the demand is down and the prices are under 3 bills. I think he thought he could get another few bucks out of me since I showed that I was interested in purchasing, I don't play that sh1t.